Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You probably haven't added (scanned) your media files to the xbmc library. XBMC will then download cover art for all media in your library and the remote should display the content of the library.

Take a look at the wiki
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ia_sources
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library

Or if you prefer a visual guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV3LXF8TC0

Once your media is scanned to the xbmc library make sure that you long press on the server name in the home screen of music pump and select "refresh music". This will force refresh your music library cache.

The free version has a (local) queue for your music library and is fully functional. To see which files have been added to the queue from file mode you need the unlocked version (then enable the option "use xbmc queue" in the settings).
Does the app update automatically when the music library on the xbmc is updated?
To fully refresh the music library you have to long-press on the server name from the home screen and select "refresh music". The app does not trigger a full refresh by itself.

I have added a feature to quickly update the local cache when the remote receives a "library updated" notification from xbmc. It will then automatically add the newly added songs to the library.

There are some limitations as this does not work properly if you have removed songs or if you added more than a couple of hundred files since the last library update. Do a full refresh in that case
Why does it always stop after one song? Yatze doesn't have this problem
I think that you have not enabled the option "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" in System -> Settings -> Remote control

This option enables tcp port 9090 which is used to receive events like playback started, ended etc... By default Music Pump uses a local queue for music and relies on these events to know when to play the next song without having to poll xbmc for the current status every second. If it doesn't get the playback completed event it will not play the next song. Yatse uses the built-in xbmc queue and thus playback continues even if the app does not get events.

See Post #228 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1353732 for more info on how to fix this.
Will you make a visual guide setting this app up and running over cel phone data?
I don't think it does as I have done all mentioned and more. All other remotes connect fine however they don't claim they work over cel.
This one only connects wifi in my world.

Thank You
The app won't just work from cell phone. If you want to connect to xbmc from the internet you will have to forward a couple of ports on your router

For streaming:
TCP Port 80 or 8080 (depends on your configuration in Settings - Services - Webserver - Port)

Additionally for the remote control and playback on xbmc:
TCP Port 9090
UDP Port 9777

Moreover you need to know your external ip address.

Opening these ports is insecure as it exposes all your files to the internet and your password is sent in clear text => I do not recommend this and therefore I will not write any guide on how to setup an insecure solution

There are other more secure solutions but they are more complicated:
- Connect from your device to xbmc using a vpn. You will have to setup a vpn server in your home network and connect using a vpn client before you use the app
- Connect from your phone to xbmc using ssh and configure an ssh tunnel for port 80/8080. Setup guide: http://tech.shantanugoel.com/2010/08/02/...droid.html
(2013-12-15, 11:34)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]You probably haven't added (scanned) your media files to the xbmc library. XBMC will then download cover art for all media in your library and the remote should display the content of the library.

Take a look at the wiki
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ia_sources
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library

Or if you prefer a visual guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV3LXF8TC0

Once your media is scanned to the xbmc library make sure that you long press on the server name in the home screen of music pump and select "refresh music". This will force refresh your music library cache.

The free version has a (local) queue for your music library and is fully functional. To see which files have been added to the queue from file mode you need the unlocked version (then enable the option "use xbmc queue" in the settings).

Thanks for the info. I'm still working on getting XBMC 100%, but I have found some issues with Music Pump. I want to do some more setup on XBMC and if there are still issues, I'll post for your feedback. Other than that, I will be getting the unlock.

Thanks,
Brian
Music Pump XBMC Remote Version 1.7.7 is available in the playstore

- Improved navigation for tablets (if you don't like the changes there is an option in the settings to remove the new menu)
- Added search function in File Mode
- Some bug fixes

Please rate the app in the google play store
Hi,

I still like this app very much. Good to see it's updated regularly!
Some additional feature requests:
-ability to sort albums / songs by (release) year (typically useful for artists that have a lot of albums and or songs)
-ability to use a list view if one selects an artist (or change the view from grid to list automatically when a tablet changes from portrait mode (good for list) to landscape mode (good for grid view)

Best regards,

Tobias
Will try to add sorting albums by year and the different modes for landscape and portrait. However sorting songs by year doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
hi,

your investigation is highly appreciated!
sorting songs would by year would be useful for single releases but i agree it's not as useful as album sorting by year.

regards,

Tobias.
It would be nice to get a "eject CD/DVD" shortcut. My macmini has no button and the bello skin too
I can add a shortcut to the shortcut section which is located below the remote for the next release

In the mean time you can use a small trick to add custom command yourself.
Create the file /sdcard/Android/data/ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta/cache/custom_remote_buttons.json on the external storage of your android device and paste in the following code where you can add as many commands as you want.

Note that currently the folder containing this file gets deleted when the image cache is cleared so you better backup the file to a different folder so you can restore it... I will change the location of the file at some point so that it doesn't get deleted

Code:
[
  {
    "command": "PlayerControl(Partymode(music))",
    "name": "Music Party Mode"
  },
  {
    "command": "ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)",
    "name": "Music Queue"
  },
  {
    "command": "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary, addons://sources/audio)",