Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Take a look at the first post of this thread. You probably did not enable the setting below in bold

Setup Instructions:
In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

FAQ:
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see http://goo.gl/0EiYzN
(2014-10-16, 21:26)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Music Pump XBMC Remote 2.0 has been pushed to the playstore

Main improvements are:
- New UI navigation
- Chromecast support for Music playback
- Added "My Radio Stations"
- Music Video section
- Improved notification support

If you like the app please take a moment to rate it in google playstore

Since the update went on my phone this morning Google Play Music and BeyondPod have been randomly pausing the playing music. I've tried a couple of different headsets and noticed no difference,

Whenever it was pausing though I was seeing the following lines in my log
Code:
Line 22: 10-20 14:57:19.253: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{4430cab8: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 62: 10-20 14:57:24.683: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{43bb4df0: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 86: 10-20 14:57:28.393: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{442cdee0: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 110: 10-20 14:57:32.293: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{44027280: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 136: 10-20 14:57:36.053: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{44353b08: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 161: 10-20 14:57:39.993: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{43bf4f88: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
In the log when in DDMS even when XBMC Remote wasn't actively being used.

My phone is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (with whatever customisations EE have added to it) running Android 4.4.4

I've un-installed XBMC Remote (Music Pump) and so far I haven't had a random pause (I'd already tried clearing the Google Play music and am now hoping it can download 9GB of music before leaving for the train and bought a brand new set of headphones).
(2014-10-19, 18:55)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at the first post of this thread. You probably did not enable the setting below in bold

Setup Instructions:
In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

FAQ:
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see http://goo.gl/0EiYzN

Thanks. I didn't have that set, so enabled it and it still didn't work. What I needed to do was enable "XBMC Queue" in the Pump settings. (For some reason I forgot to do this when I installed it on my new device Tongue)

Now it's working like a charm. I still can't get over how good this is...Really, why would anyone use anything else Big Grin
(2014-10-20, 16:06)kevjs1982 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Millencolin007' pid='1814971' dateline='1413487591']

Since the update went on my phone this morning Google Play Music and BeyondPod have been randomly pausing the playing music. I've tried a couple of different headsets and noticed no difference,

I was able to reproduce some cases where Music Pump causes audio playback to stop by requesting audio focus. Will take a look at it and try to fix it
(2014-10-20, 16:06)kevjs1982 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-16, 21:26)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Music Pump XBMC Remote 2.0 has been pushed to the playstore

Main improvements are:
- New UI navigation
- Chromecast support for Music playback
- Added "My Radio Stations"
- Music Video section
- Improved notification support

If you like the app please take a moment to rate it in google playstore

Whenever it was pausing though I was seeing the following lines in my log
Code:
Line 22: 10-20 14:57:19.253: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{4430cab8: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 62: 10-20 14:57:24.683: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{43bb4df0: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 86: 10-20 14:57:28.393: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{442cdee0: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 110: 10-20 14:57:32.293: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{44027280: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 136: 10-20 14:57:36.053: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{44353b08: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
    Line 161: 10-20 14:57:39.993: I/MediaFocusControl(995):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{43bf4f88: PendingIntentRecord{43de1710 ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta broadcastIntent}}
In the log when in DDMS even when XBMC Remote wasn't actively being used.

My phone is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (with whatever customisations EE have added to it) running Android 4.4.4

I've un-installed XBMC Remote (Music Pump) and so far I haven't had a random pause (I'd already tried clearing the Google Play music and am now hoping it can download 9GB of music before leaving for the train and bought a brand new set of headphones).

You are not alone. I was going crazy trying to figure out which app was doing this. I thought it was the Logitech Hub app at first, but then I noticed my tab was having the same issue and this was the app that was on both devices. It actually pauses on network changes, like going from wifi to mobile, mobile to wifi or both to airplane mode.
I found the cause of the problem and will release an update this evening or tomorrow
Since the last big update I have the problem that every time the app is closed, the xbmc-queue setting is reset to "off". This is really confusing since I always use the app on my phone and tablet at the same time...Has anybody else experienced this?
First off i love this remote.....it truely is awesome. so i purchased the unlocker for the queue function but i cant find a way to queue videos, which is what i use the remote for. is this possable if so how? and if not can you add that functionality please
@kupi i well fix that problem in next release. I haven't checked in code yet but I know why this must be happening

@Jaggysnake57 you need to enable the option "use xbmc queue" from settings or use the toggle button in the drawer. As kupi just reported this seems to reset to default when the app is restarted
(2014-10-31, 15:07)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]@kupi i well fix that problem in next release. I haven't checked in code yet but I know why this must be happening

@Jaggysnake57 you need to enable the option "use xbmc queue" from settings or use the toggle button in the drawer. As kupi just reported this seems to reset to default when the app is restarted

sorry but there is no options to que videos anwhere...i have tried long pressing tv shows and movies, uninstalled the re enstalled the app changed the queue to xbmc and none have worked i cannot queue moves or tv shows
It is not possible to add files to the queue from the Movies and TV Shows sections

It works from the other menus like Addons, Music Videos, Sources and Pictures menu. It is not implemented in Movie / TV Show screens because I think that it doesn't make much sense to queue several movies.

To queue Movies or TV Shows you can browse them through "Sources -> Files -> videodb" and queue library items from inside any folder. You can long-press on videodb and add it to the favorites for quicker access

It you want to queue all episodes from a tv show you can open the remote, click on tv, hightlight the show you want to play and click on the play button in the remote.
Especially for tv shows, I'd say it makes a lot of sense to queue them? And also not every file in the movies section has to be 2 hours long... Although I have to admit that I've never missed that feature before Wink
I am not sure how much this feature would actually be used since it doesn't take long to start playing the next episode. You can skip to the next episode from the notification screen or long-press from the tv shows screen to play the next episode.

Further a lot of people are just watching one episode from a tv show per week... in that case this feature becomes useless.

On the other hand it is not going to take a lot of effort to add the queue button ;-) and it may get added at some point
Hello,
i tried this remote app a bit and saw that the pvr funtion is only available within the fullversion. So i bought it even though in-app purchases aren't refoundable.

Now having it bought i am quite disapointed as it actually is useless as it seems. The channels are not ordered as they are shown in kodi which makes finding my channes nearly impossible. Also no channel groups are support, neither are any epg informations shown.

Did i missed something in the settings?
I know about the wrong channel order since some people have reported it a couple of weeks ago. I have fixed it for next release. The channels are currently ordered by channel id which does not match the order in xbmc. Since I don't use a pvr setup myself I didn't realize that.

epg api is still a bit limited and last time I checked epg info had to be fetched for every channel independently and was very slow. Therefore it is a low priority feature at the moment.

PS: You can long-press on the TV button in the remote to display the epg on xbmc