Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nope, Kodi puts older albums first. Thanks!!
Music Pump Kodi Remote 2.2 has been pushed to the play store

Changes:
- There are some new material design elements
- wake on lan when app starts
- queue button for movie / episodes
- Dropped support for android 2.x and 3.x ( in favor of material design )
- Renamed XBMC to Kodi in most places inside the app
- Ignore article in tvshow listing
- Added album sort option by artist then year
- many small fixes

Here some photos of the new release
http://plus.google.com/photos/1171793392...4278287281

If you like the app don't forget to rate it in the play store.
Hi, first just wanna say I love this app. Works great, and looks amazing, so a big thanks for making it! I do have a recommendation or two, just things I've come across as I've used the app. Is there any way to have a few buttons on the remote portion to skip by page in the library to jump through the library faster, or even integrating a shift+letter to jump to letters in the library? Also, info in TV shows (synopsis of the show, actors, etc) would be really nice. I also have issues with TV show and movie art not loading at all since the update, but that might be something on my end.
Again, great app, I actually use this on a tablet in place of my harmony remote, love it!
Hi, I don't want to add too many buttons to the remote for the moment. To jump through the library faster you can click one time to the right to select the scrollbar and then you basically get the same functionality as page down. And for browsing through the menus on kodi you are probably better of with your harmony remote anyway.

yes, tv show info screen is "missing". Will probably at it later. I never took the time to add it since it's not something you want to see very often.

Let me know if you are still having problems loading images since it works fine for me.
Cool thanks, can't believe I never thought to use the scroll bar, that totally solves the problem.

Still, no images load in the info screen for TV shows. I can view the main TV page with posters (Grid, poster, banner, etc. Though banners don't load either). When entering a TV show, images load for the season art, but nothing at the top (which I assume is the fanart). That doesn't load since the update. Is Kodi skin compatibility an issue?

Edit: same issue with movie images. Images of actors load, but nothing on top (looks to be room for the fanart and the movie poster?)
At the top it usually shows tv fanart and movie posters. In the older release it showed the tv show banner on top. So maybe there is no image in kodi for your tv shows / movie posters.

To find out if it the images are missing you can try to set the default skin (to sort out skin compatibility issues) and then navigate to one of your tv shows in kodi and select "tvshow information" from the context menu. Under "choose art" you can verify if fanart etc.. is present.
Very strange. All my TV shows and movies have art, but still nothing. Tried in confluence as default and no art. I wonder if it's just something on my end or if any other people are having this issue.
If you want you can send me the kodi video db file "MyVideos#.db" which is located in the userdata folder. Then I can replace my db and check why the data is not shown.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
I recently downloaded this app and want to thank you for all of the great features you have included. If you were to add access to add on tv/movie descriptions, I would definitely pay to unlock it. Without access to this info, I have to search movies/tv shows through the tv interface, negating the need for the remote, at least in my circumstance. Thanks for your consideration and your hard work.
Adding tv/movie description in addons is not so easy since it's some kind of generic file browser where you don't know what the current folder contains. That's one reason why all images are fit into a square when browsing through addons / file sources. Also requesting extended file properties like plot can be very slow, especially on large lists and on slow devices like a raspberry pi and the movie description can be set in different properties depending on the addon. So this needs special handling depending on the addon. Making it work for some specific addons would not be complicated (but needs to be maintained when something changes)

BTW: You can use "show directory on kodi" from the overflow menu to display the current folder on kodi. This can be very useful especially if you need to access the context menu from an addon or want to see additional details which are not visible in the app.
(2015-02-09, 00:10)johnston0536 Wrote: [ -> ]Very strange. All my TV shows and movies have art, but still nothing. Tried in confluence as default and no art. I wonder if it's just something on my end or if any other people are having this issue.
I have the same issue.

In the library listing it shows the movie posters fine, but when I click on a movie there is no poster or fanart shown. Just blank space.

Same with tv show fanart. Posters and episode thumbs look fine in listings but in the episode details page, no picture
OK can you tell me which os / kodi version you are seeing the problem so I can have a deeper look into it. Also android os version on your device.

a myvideos#.dB file as explained a couple posts back would be helpful as well
Not at home right now so i can't send the db

Xbmc version: openelec 4.2.1 (Gotham)
Android version: 4.4.2 (galaxy note 2)
Well, I came home and fired up the media center to get that db.

And my htpc died. I mean it doesn't even display the bios screen. Lights and cpu fan come on, but nothing else. Either the pico power source is no longer providing enough power or the mobo fried. Oh well.

Just ordered a new chromebox. Let's see how they fare
Well, that's no luck Sad I had a similar issue a while ago and in my case it was the cpu which was dead. If I remember right lights and cpu fan still turned on

I have installed openelec 4.2.1 and added a new source containing my tvshows by keeping default settings (scraper etc...) After scanning the shows to the library I was able to see fanart and posters without any issue. tested on android 4.1, 4.4 and 5.x

Let me know if you still get the issue one you have setup your new mediacenter so that I can investigate further if necessary.