Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to your update, you can now select pvr programs that are not yet playing. How do see what's coming up? I can only see what's on now for each channel
In the PVR section you can only see the current and next program from one channel. One of the latest updates added a feature to start recording a channel which is not currently playing by long-pressing on the channel name
Thanks. I guess consider it a feature request that we see more upcoming shows. Something like the EPG view on kodi. :-)
You are not the first one asking for this ;-)

Unfortunately the current json-rpc api is still a bit limited and I have to request channel info for every channel separately which is probably going to be quite slow especially if you have many channels. Further as far as I know it is not yet possible to schedule a recording from json-rpc, one of the main actions I would do in the EPG view.
Hi Millen,
I am changing between using kodi playlist and local playlist a lot, because I only use the local playlist when I want to stream music. There is this convenient switch in the menu but it is only shown when toggling one way, for toggling back you have to click on the menu item and go to another screen. Is it supposed to do that?

edit: forget what I just said, I can't reproduce it any more. The toggle is now always there.
Music Pump Kodi Remote 2.4.3 is available in Playstore.

Changes:
* new logo
* cleaning up UI colors and removed old remote layout which was broken on most platforms
* Bug fixes
OK this is driving me crackers. I had to restore my phone and at the same time, Music Pump updated. Now, although I am connected correctly, my music library on my phone is empty. Curiously all my movies are showing (although for some reason it is now so slow it is almost unusable).

I have tried doing the long press on the server name and clicking all obvious references to refresh and scan but with no success. Any suggestions?
To refresh the music cache you can click on the "refresh button" which is visible in the main menu or in the remote and then select "Refresh Music Cache". If you are on the home screen you should see on top right that the number of available music files start updating in steps of 1000.

If this doesn't work I would completely remove the server instance or try to reinstall the app.

Which android version / device are you using so that I can check if there is a performance issue somewhere?
Thanks I reinstalled it and that sorted everything! Excellent.
Hi, I just purchased the unlocker and also downloaded the streaming plugin with the intent of streaming Live TV from my Windows/Argus TV backend to Android Tablet.

I'm unable to find anyway to stream Live TV, I can stream my movies by long pressing.

Am I missing something?
As far as I know there is currently no way to get a valid stream URL for tv streams over json rpc from kodi. Thus streaming is not possible and also not implemented for live tv.
Some backends allow streaming recordings since a http
URL is returned by kodi.

If you want livetv on your androids device you could install kodi for android and configure the PVR addon
I was using the old layout, as I need the + and - to control the volume on my receiver. This is done with a script sending IR commands. This script is triggered by the changes of button 7 and 9 in the keymap (joystick.WiiRemote.xml). Button 7 and 9 were - and + in the old layout.

I did not found out the right buttons for the hardware + and - on my tablet, so I cannot use the hardware volume control buttons instead.

Could you please either
- make the + and - buttons available on the remote again or
- give some hint, what buttons in which keymap- are related to the hardware volume control buttons.
I have removed the old layout because it was broken on at least Windows and Android. The hardware buttons are not mapped using a keymap file but use json-rpc commands to change the volume. So there is no way to override it the same way.

The current remote layout is using the remote.xml keymap file for mapping.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...remote.xml

You can try to replace the mappings of <skipplus> and <skipminus> (mapped to fast forward / backward) with volume controls. You don't really need these buttons since you can fast forward using the left and right arrows.

An alternative is to manually add the volume keys to the shortcut section. See here 1594422 (post)
Is there a way to random sort the music albums through this app? Guess it would be a feature request? Like a random button to randomly show albums in the cache. It would help while i'm driving and using the app
Short answer no...

However you can create a new music smart playlist by selecting "type albums" and "order by Random". You will not see that playlist in the music playlist section because it currently only supports playlists with songs.

To be able to browse this smart playlist from the app you could create a new source under music with the location "special://profile/playlists/music/". Then you can browse it in file mode through sources -> music and select the playlist with your albums in random order from there.

As a last step you can then long-press on the playlist and add it to the favorites for quicker access.

I will not add a feature to show the albums in random order since I see a couple of implementation specific issues with it especially if you swipe tabs or rotate the screen. But maybe a "play random album" button could make sense.