Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for your advice.

I'll do that. I need also to control access point configuration. Sometimes they go out of mind... Smile
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.0 is available in Playstore

Changes:
* New home screen
* Many small improvements & bug fixes
Hi can anyone tell me if playlists playing locally are fully supported in Music Pump and play OK, both Smart playlists and standard playlists?

I recently purchased Yatse with the intention of playing my playlists on Kodi on my android device but it does not work?
Yes, streaming music from Kodi to your device is fully supported and also available in the free version.

Simply click on the "cast" button on top right of the screen and select "local, play music on device" from the list. Then simply start playing some songs or playlists and it will play locally instead of playing on Kodi. You can switch between local and remote playback anytime and it will continue playing the song at the same position.

In the paid version you will be able to stream your music files from your android device to Kodi in the exact same way as described above.

Remark:
Sometimes the streaming feature is not working out of the box. This is in 99% of the cases due to some security restrictions which where added to Kodi a while ago. Basically Kodi only allows you to download/stream content over the Kodi webserver if the file is inside of one of your media sources.
Normally you have to create a new music source in Kodi and then scan content to Kodi. In that case everything should work. However it is also possible to scan music into your library without creating a music source first ( I think that one way to achieve this is to navigate to a folder of an external hard drive and scan it into the Kodi music library ). In that case you can usually create the missing source manually in Kodi (Music -> Files -> Add music...).
Excellent - thanks Millencolin! Does exactly what I want it to do.

One problem I may have though is my HTPC is set to sleep after 15 minutes. It was approx 15 mins of playing music the Music Pumper app became very unresponsive and it looks like the HTPC went to sleep. I guess it sleeps because this all happens in the background therefore nothing is keeping it awake. Is there a way around this other than changing the sleep time?
You probably have to change the sleep timer to prevent Kodi from going to sleep. In the app there is also a button to shutdown, hibernate etc.. so you could use them instead.

On my Kodi System I have added a script which turns off my media center around midnight in case it is still running.
Hi i'm back with another issue. I've changed my configuration to store all my libraries in a MySQL database as I will be putting a Raspberry Pi upstairs and want to share the media.

I've also added a pathsubstitution for the playlists folder to use an smb:// path. Since this change, playlists are now empty in Music Pump. The playlist names are there but no files are listed as being in there. I'm guessing it's because Android does not use smb:// paths or some other reason...

Is there a fix for this or is it not possible to have this combination work?
I think that I know what the problem is. The music section of the app only shows music files which are part of the kodi music library. This also includes playlists in the music section.

When a playlist is opened the app will check if it can find the song in the Kodi library using the filename. If the filename was not found (e.g referenced as a local path in the db and as a smb:// path in the playlist) it will remove it from the playlist because it is not able to determine the song id)

I have never used a setup with MySQL myself but as far as I know you should put all your files on a network share so that they are accessible from all the machines and make sure that you define the sources the same way on all machines ( case sensitive paths, always use dns or ip but don't mix ) and then you will probably be able to see the songs again.
(2015-12-04, 20:38)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that I know what the problem is. The music section of the app only shows music files which are part of the kodi music library. This also includes playlists in the music section.

When a playlist is opened the app will check if it can find the song in the Kodi library using the filename. If the filename was not found (e.g referenced as a local path in the db and as a smb:// path in the playlist) it will remove it from the playlist because it is not able to determine the song id)

I have never used a setup with MySQL myself but as far as I know you should put all your files on a network share so that they are accessible from all the machines and make sure that you define the sources the same way on all machines ( case sensitive paths, always use dns or ip but don't mix ) and then you will probably be able to see the songs again.

I've shared all my media, wiped my music library and added the sources back using smb://ip and then created a new playlist. New playlist name appears in Music Pump but when I open it it does not list any songs. All my music is listed in the app.

Edit: I've just looked at my playlist m3u file and the songs are added using it's SMB:// path. See below.

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,03. Ed Sheeran - Sing
smb://192.168.0.20/Music/E/Ed Sheeran/[2014] x/Ed Sheeran - Sing.mp3
#EXTINF:0,09. Ed Sheeran - Runaway
smb://192.168.0.20/Music/E/Ed Sheeran/[2014] x/Ed Sheeran - Runaway.mp3
#EXTINF:0,14.

The playlist plays fine in Kodi so theres nothing wrong with the files.
You can open following link in your browser to list the first coupe of songs of your music library
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"AudioLibrary.GetSongs","params":{"properties":["file"],"limits":{"end":10,"start":0}},"id":3}
replace localhost with the ip of kodi and 8080 with the port number of your webserver

You will get a string as a response which will contain a couple of "file" : "...." so you can see how your files are stored in your db. If the path are the same smb paths as in your playlist it should work.

Probably you also don't need the path substitution since the files are on a network share.
(2015-12-04, 22:08)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]You can open following link in your browser to list the first coupe of songs of your music library
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"AudioLibrary.GetSongs","params":{"properties":["file"],"limits":{"end":10,"start":0}},"id":3}
replace localhost with the ip of kodi and 8080 with the port number of your webserver

You will get a string as a response which will contain a couple of "file" : "...." so you can see how your files are stored in your db. If the path are the same smb paths as in your playlist it should work.

Probably you also don't need the path substitution since the files are on a network share.

I entered the URL into a browser and all my files are listed as smb://. Everything looks fine, all the paths are correct.

Regarding the path substitution, does this not allow my playlists to be accessible from my second device, rather than having 2 sets of local playlists?
Yes you are right, you probably need something like this to relocate the playlist folder to your master server...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
   <pathsubstitution>
      <substitute>
         <from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
         <to>smb://192.168.0.20/playlists/</to>
      </substitute>
   </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I will try to setup a mysql installation to see what happens...
(2015-12-04, 22:35)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you are right, you probably need something like this to relocate the playlist folder to your master server...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
   <pathsubstitution>
      <substitute>
         <from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
         <to>smb://192.168.0.20/playlists/</to>
      </substitute>
   </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I will try to setup a mysql installation to see what happens...

Thats what I currently have setup and my 2nd device can see my playlists on my master.

Excellent thank you. Only thing i've found so far which isn't working.
Tried out the mysql install. I had no issues so far to list playlist content and to start playing it.

I did the following
1) installed mysql, created a user and added connection settings and path substitution for playlists in advancedsettings.xml.
2) I opened Kodi, navigated to a smb share, added it as a source and scanned it to the library.
3) I went to the kodi music library and created a new playlist (tried from files and from library) from inside kodi.
4) Opened Music Pump, refreshed the music cache

Probably you have an issue in your sources configuration somewhere or you did not refresh the music cache after changing to the mysql setup
(2015-12-04, 23:57)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried out the mysql install. I had no issues so far to list playlist content and to start playing it.

I did the following
1) installed mysql, created a user and added connection settings and path substitution for playlists in advancedsettings.xml.
2) I opened Kodi, navigated to a smb share, added it as a source and scanned it to the library.
3) I went to the kodi music library and created a new playlist (tried from files and from library) from inside kodi.
4) Opened Music Pump, refreshed the music cache

Probably you have an issue in your sources configuration somewhere or you did not refresh the music cache after changing to the mysql setup

What could possibly be the issue then? I deleted the host and re-added just to make sure. I've refreshed the music cache, I can play music locally on my device from the media server. Everything else works apart from playlists.

Any ideas what could be stopping this?

EDIT: Ok, the issue occurs when you set pathsubstitution for the playlists folder. I removed the path substitution and playlists work fine within Music Pump. When I added the substitute tags back for the playlists folder, the playlists appear empty in Music Pump. Hopefully this helps resolve the issue.