Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually use two tags to store artist information for an album: artist and albumartist
Example:
If you have an album of Kanye West containing a song feat. Dilated Peoples you can set the "albumartist" to "Kanye West" and the "artist" to "Kanye West ft. Dilated Peoples"

Kodi also supports multiple artists or genres for a song by adding multiple artists separated by / or ; into the artist field (not sure about which separator works). However Music Pump does not support multiple artists (or genres) and will only keep one per song[/align]
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.5.2 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
- Added subtitles offset, subtitles positioning, audio offset,...
- Fixed playback issue with Chromecast
- Bug fixes

After many years I finally took some time to create a small website with some additional informations. You may find some useful information
http://kodiremote.berard.ch
Hi - I'm having problems with syncing standard .m3u playlists from a Kodi Desktop to an Android Device with the full version of Music Pump installed. I've checked with several different Android devices and I get the same result with each. For some reason Playlists will not sync 'make avaiable offline'. You can select the 'make available offline option'. The device appears to go through the sync process but nothing (media or playlist details) is downloaded. When you choose the 'Play Local Files' option, nothing is visible.

It may be that I misunderstand how the process/feature is meant to work. Would welcome some guidance to make sure I'm trying to do things correctly.

Many thanks.
It is supposed to work the following way:

In Music Pump
- Open a playlist (m3u or xps) and click the "make available offline" button or long-press on the playlist and select "make available offline"
- Select a local playlist into which you want to add the songs (or create a new one)
- Songs start downloading into the music folder which has been defined in settings. By default it's the folder Music on your sdcard.
- Songs and playlist will be visible in 'Play Local Files' (and any other media player on your device which supports playlists from the android media store)

There are a couple of reasons why downloading (or streaming music) may fail.

1) First of all check if the music files are visible in the app. It is possible that some or all files of a playlist are not visible in Music Pump. For more details see https://kodiremote.berard.ch/faq.php#empty_playlists

2) Kodi may be blocking downloading / streaming music because your sources are not configured properly for remote access. To test this you can for example click on the cast button on top right (button only visible if kodi queue disabled) and select local playback and then start playing a song from your playlist. If it fails to play locally you are probably experiencing this issue and should also see a new notification in the statusbar with some information on how to fix the problem.
Some additional info can be found at https://kodiremote.berard.ch/faq.php#streaming

3) Verify that you have entered a valid music download folder in the settings

4) Manually refresh music cache (from main menu select the refresh icon and click on "refresh music cache")
(2017-04-12, 13:14)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]It is supposed to work the following way:

In Music Pump
- Open a playlist (m3u or xps) and click the "make available offline" button or long-press on the playlist and select "make available offline"
- Select a local playlist into which you want to add the songs (or create a new one)
- Songs start downloading into the music folder which has been defined in settings. By default it's the folder Music on your sdcard.
- Songs and playlist will be visible in 'Play Local Files' (and any other media player on your device which supports playlists from the android media store)

There are a couple of reasons why downloading (or streaming music) may fail.

1) First of all check if the music files are visible in the app. It is possible that some or all files of a playlist are not visible in Music Pump. For more details see https://kodiremote.berard.ch/faq.php#empty_playlists

2) Kodi may be blocking downloading / streaming music because your sources are not configured properly for remote access. To test this you can for example click on the cast button on top right (button only visible if kodi queue disabled) and select local playback and then start playing a song from your playlist. If it fails to play locally you are probably experiencing this issue and should also see a new notification in the statusbar with some information on how to fix the problem.
Some additional info can be found at https://kodiremote.berard.ch/faq.php#streaming

3) Verify that you have entered a valid music download folder in the settings

4) Manually refresh music cache (from main menu select the refresh icon and click on "refresh music cache")

Many thanks for your helpful advice. All now working. The problem was to do with the Sources setting for Kodi in the desktop setup. I had the ip address of the SMB server instead of the logical name.

Music Pump is a great product!
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.5.4 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Fixed remote shortcut buttons which where broken in Kodi 17
* Faster movie library browsing with swipe-refresh
* Bug fixes
Hi,

I use music pump on my phone to play music via a blue tooth audio device connected to my phone. When I switch off the screen and the app is playing music, the music is paused for a random duration of time at the end of each track. This is typically 20-60 seconds. When I leave the app in the foreground before switching off the screen, this does not happen. Also, when I use a wired audio device, it doesn't happen either. This issue happens regardless of the source location of the music files (phone memory or MC). When I switch on the screen of my phone, playback is always resumed instantly.

Maybe this message is a duplicate of an already known issue, but I find it hard to get good search results when using this forum. Sorry in advance!!
I play music through a bluetooth speaker all the time and never had this issue. Also nobody reported a similar problem before.

- Do you have the same issue with other music players when playing through bluetooth and is it always reproducible when you turn off the screen while the app is in background or does it only happen from time to time?
- In case you have another bluetooth audio device lying around, does it also happen when playing music on that device?
- What android version is running on your device?
- I use a number of other music players including music pump DAAP player. None of them have the issue.
- I have a lot of other blue tooth audio devices. The problem occurs with al of them.
- It is 100% reproducible. It happens every time.
- I use Android 6.0 on a Huawei P8 lite
I was unable to reproduce it on any of my devices lying around at home however I have seen a crash for Huawei P8 lite in the playstore concerning acquiring / releasing wake locks. Could be somehow related to the problem you are seeing. I will fix that crash and send you a apk to see if the issue persists.

In your phone's wifi settings there is an option to keep wifi on during sleep. Do you also see the bug if you set it to "Always" on?

Steps I tried to reproduce:
- Open Music Pump and start playback
- Click on home button to put app in background
- Click power button to turn off the screen or wait until screen turns off itself
- Wait until playback ends and check if next song starts playing
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.5.6 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Added/updated ukrainian and polish translations
* Bug fixes
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.6 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Updated translations
* Added quick home button
* New options for folder structure of downloaded songs
* Many small Bug fixes and improvements
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.6.1 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Added option to change playback speed (To use this feature you need to enable following setting in Kodi: settings -> player -> videos -> sync playback to display)
* Added plot in pvr recordings
* Added switching language for pvr channels
* Bug fixes
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.6.3 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Replaced image loading library for better picture quality
* Replaced placeholder images with vector graphics for better picture quality
* Fixed setting watched status in TV Shows screen
* Internal optimizations
* Bug fixes
Just re-discovered Music Pump (after several years), purchased the unlocker and it's looking really great.

I gave some feedback & requested a couple features to the dev directly, but thought I'd post it here to see if other ppl share the same need.

I really like the simplicity of this app, it's really slick and it's near feature-complete for my use case.

My use case is Music-centered, with a very large collection of lossless albums (CDs and high resolution audio), and the only two missing items holding me from daily use are:

- Random Albums section (listing 20/30 random albums so they can be played / queued)
- Discover section (listing 20/30 random albums, but taken from the least-played back albums - this is so helpful for large collections with thousands of albums specially)

Additionally, it would be nice to have:
- handling of smart-playlists that return Albums instead of songs, in the main Music page (currently they show up in the main app screen, but clicking on them shows no media); as explained by the dev this can be worked-around easily by adding a music source special://profile/playlists/music/, and then accessing the playlists via File browsing within the app. This works although it's not so slick
- some option to disable the offline playback functions. My collection is all lossless and HD Audio and occupies a huge amount of space, so no interest in downloading anything to the phone/tablet