Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV 1/Mac OS X] Manually Creating .strm files for HDHomerun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to integrate my HDHomerun into my XBMC which is running on my Apple TV's (Gen 1) with Crystalbuntu. It looks like, in order to do anything at all, I need to first (as per the XBMC wiki) "generate a list of text files with .strm extension each of them containing a single URL line that points to a certain channel." Apparently, this is a somewhat easy process if you have a Windows computer (via some sort of HDHomerun Setup program), but as I have a Mac here, it looks like I have to create such .strms manually.

How exactly do I do this? I have been searching online for any articles or forum entries on doing so, but I can't seem to find any. Can someone provide instructions as to how to or at least direct me to a link to an article that explains it? Or is there a way I can do this without having to do it manually (i.e., a similar HDHomerun Setup program offered for Macs)?

Thanks Smile