Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clarification on XML details for movie NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Over the years my movie collection has had NFO files scraped by various different media scrapers (mostly the various incarnations of EMM / EMMr). I'm writing a Powershell script to output a jQuery sortable HTML table of my movies and include the fields I wish to "report" on / highlight incomplete plots/taglines etc. I've noticed some differences between reporting on the movie length.

For instance some NFO files contain a node called "duration" (movie > fileinfo > streamdetails > video) and will contain an integer value (e.g. 123). Some have this node but specify an integer and string (e.g. 123 mins).
Other NFO files (as scraped by the later versions of EMMr e.g. 1.3.0.5) contain instead, "durationinseconds".

I notice that on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...ary#Movies the example NFO doesn't contain either of these, but does contain "runtime" although I think this is based on data from IMDB rather than the actual length of the video file?

Can anyone help clarify how the above are used and which are actually needed?

Many thanks Smile
Do any devs know the answer to this?
<runtime> is based on scraped data, and should be a number in minutes only.

<duration> is not read by XBMC at all.

<durationinseconds> is, and should be the duration in seconds Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan! I've written a script which will strip out those duration nodes and replace with a durationinseconds which will help make things a little more consistent. Don't want to re-scrape my entire movie collection Smile