Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: content setting lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a video source that often looses its content setting. The source will have its content set to Movies and for some reason suddently change to none. Setting the source once again will of course result in a complete new scan. I'm using Openelec with Eden but I had the same problem with Dharma. I only have one XBMC box, no shared libraries. I only have this problem with one particular source not with others. This source is remote, others are local. Is this a known problem?

Usually in the past this has been a permission problem (user not allowed to write to the userdata folder)
(2012-05-17, 10:22)sho Wrote: [ -> ]Usually in the past this has been a permission problem (user not allowed to write to the userdata folder)

The database is in the userdata folder and adding titles from other sources is not a problem. Seems nothing wrong with permissions I think. Wouldn't expect that in Openelec anyway.

Code:
root ~/.xbmc/userdata # ls -al Database/
total 31300
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 May 17 12:01 .
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          4096 May 15 10:41 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        323584 May 17 06:11 Addons15.db
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 May 12 18:54 CDDB
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        614400 May 16 17:22 MyMusic18.db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      30523392 May 17 12:01 MyVideos60.db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        114688 May 17 11:55 Textures6.db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         20480 May 16 20:44 ViewModes4.db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        418816 May 16 20:47 commoncache.db

(2012-05-17, 08:24)mauzzz Wrote: [ -> ]This source is remote, others are local.

I wonder if the remote source is occasionally unavailable when XBMC does a library update, e.g. disks gone to sleep in a NAS. If the source is unavailable XBMC wil reset the content on it to "none".
(2012-05-17, 18:30)jhsrennie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 08:24)mauzzz Wrote: [ -> ]This source is remote, others are local.

I wonder if the remote source is occasionally unavailable when XBMC does a library update, e.g. disks gone to sleep in a NAS. If the source is unavailable XBMC wil reset the content on it to "none".

The source is remote (= outside my home network). It is very well possible that the source is occasionally unavailable or slow to respond. How can I prevent XBMC to reset the content to none?
AFAIK it should never "set contents" to none, even if the source seems unavailable. Any case if you want anyone to be able to help you, much more info is required. (The mandatory debug log, what protocol you are using to access these files etc).
xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/k0eQzw6x

Connecting to the remote source through webdav. Local connections are NFS. I'm unable to recreate the problem, XBMC looses the content setting for the remote source every few weeks.
Why does XBMC reset the content setting to 'none' if the source is unavailable? And if there is a good reason why not introduce an override setting?
This exact same issue is happening to me. XBMC is losing connection with my unRaid server during a library update and it automatically changes the content setting to 'none'. Is there anyway to override this setting?
Why is your XBMC install losing connection to your content? I'd recommend investigating that issue.
I'm restarting my server
I have two NFS sources at the moment for my TV show content, if I take one offline it will remove the content settings when a library scan is triggered.

Obviously this is unwanted behavior, I want to be able to take my storage offline for whatever reason without XBMC whacking the content settings.
Don't scan when your server is offline.
(2013-07-25, 11:17)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Don't scan when your server is offline.

I'm sorry but that's not a solution but a workaround for poor design.
So are you scanning and cleaning. Try just scanning without cleaning.
Pages: 1 2 3