Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, and I apologize if I haven't located the correct thread yet for this request, but Im posting now as I continue to search in the hopes someone might point the way...

Anyway, I love XBMC and have played with some add-ons, but so far, I haven't found anything connected to the XBMC system that will do what Im looking for. I would like to be able to print a full list of movie titles that I have in my library, but so far, I'm finding nothing.

What does everyone use to run printouts of the catalog that is being shown in the XBMC interface? Maybe an add-on with an online account somewhere that syncs to my library? A cataloging program? Does anyone else print out their library list for quick reference? Seems to me there should be a way to sync what is being listed in my XBMC library but Im at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any direction you guys might be able to give me. I appreciate it.
To be honest I'm not sure as I don't do anything like this, but the database is stored in standard SQL as far as I am aware. If that is the case then you could use some type of SQL viewing application and then print from there ? I'm sure someone will be able to clarify this, but I think that is the right track.
I just go to trakt.tv
you could always just do a print dir command in your terminal...there are some GUIs that do this too like Karen's directory printer...then all you need to do is set the settings so that only your movies show up...and there you go, and editable txt, xml, or html file
(2012-05-21, 17:44)norms Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I'm not sure as I don't do anything like this, but the database is stored in standard SQL as far as I am aware. If that is the case then you could use some type of SQL viewing application and then print from there ? I'm sure someone will be able to clarify this, but I think that is the right track.

Try sqlitespy to explore the XBMC database. From here you can see a list of Movies, TV Shows and Episodes in individual tables regardless of how many sources you use to store the media.
Probably not what you're after but I occasionally do a very simple export of my share using my windows desktop with the command:

"dir /b /on > c:\movies.txt"

I use a shell extension from http://code.kliu.org/cmdopen/ to open a command prompt on a network share.

Obviously this is not pulling from the xbmc db itself - there's probably lots of other (probably much better!) methods of achieving what you want, but I have no need and haven't explored them sorry!
In my case, you would need to purchase this. Media Center Masters. It does all the work, but the nice feature is that it does what I think you are looking for.

My report comes out like this, Movies and T.V. Shows. You can get a master list of what you have and it provides the following;
(Movies)
* The IMDB number of the movie
* Year
* Title
* Runtime
* Genre
* MPAA rating
* IMDB score
* If you have subtitles for the movie
* If you have trailers for the movies
* The quality of your movie meaning if it is in 720 or 1080 or if it cannot detect the version it will tell you so you can research why

(T.V. Shows)
* Year
* Title
* What Network
* The status of the show (continuing or ended)
* Runtime
* MPAA rating
* TVDB score
* What is the current season
* And how many episodes you have in that season

Is this what you are looking for? I paid MCM and it has been great for all the data gathering and organizing. And no, I do not work for them, just a very, very happy client of theirs