Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not able to change volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a nice and shiny XBMC running on my ATV2. The only downside is I havenĀ“t been able to change the volume settings. Whenever I turn the volume up or down (using an Android with the official XBMC-remote app) I do see a visual representation of the audiobar going up or down; but the volume itself remains the same.

The audio is set up like this.

- AppleTV is connected through HDMI to a tv
- The tv has an audio out consisting of red/white plugs
- The audio out goes to an am using red/white on both ends.

Any idea?
Tried turning the TV's volume up?
Volume control is possible since 10th of may (introduced with the change to the new audioengine) but as you already have seen there are no nightly builds for ATV2 because we have some big problems with these since updating the ffmpeg version.

So for now you won't get volume control until these problems get solved.
Ok. So basically it's a matter of waiting for the next update, or is there some way to downgrade the audioengine?
Hey, thanks for posting the link. Seems like there's some solution after all. Now, how exactly do I go about fixing this problem? Member Memphiz posts a deb-file. What exactly do I do with it?
Follow the nightly build instructions, but replace the deb there with Memphiz's deb.
So it's basically ssh-ing into ATV, rm, wget with Memphiz's file, dpkg and rm? That seems doable.

What exctly is a nightly build, btw? And are the bugs mentioned on the xbmc-wiki anything to be concerned about?
Nightly builds are made every night with that day's new code changes. It contains all the new features and fixes, but can and will often contain new bugs. Basically they're test versions, and we use them to help find and fix bugs and stuff for the devs.
Ah, okay. Well, I'll try to install it and see what happens. Is there any way of removing it, should things go bad?
Oops, I got me an error message during the installation of the nightly build.

http://pastebin.com/JAzkbBJG

Any idea?
Well, you don't want the actual nightly build, you just want to use those instructions for the v11-3 deb for 5.1. Right now new nightlies are on hold since they're not working at all.
Some new error, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Apple-TV:~ root# rm -f org*.deb
Apple-TV:~ root# wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...olume5.deb
--2012-05-27 11:14:00-- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...olume5.deb
Resolving dl.dropbox.com... 184.72.241.245, 107.20.138.162, 107.20.132.43, ...
Connecting to dl.dropbox.com|184.72.241.245|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 65124672 (62M) [application/x-debian-package]
Saving to: `org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-volume5.deb'

100%[=======================================>] 65,124,672 262K/s in 2m 56s

2012-05-27 11:16:58 (361 KB/s) - `org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-volume5.deb' saved [65124672/65124672]

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org*.deb
(Reading database ... 7205 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-ios 10.0-9 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-volume5.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-ios ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-ios:
org.xbmc.xbmc-ios depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-ios (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-ios
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-ios:
org.xbmc.xbmc-ios depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack is not installed.

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack

rinse/repeat.
Thanks for the reply! However...

Package org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package org.xbmc.xbmc-iconpack has no installation candidate
Pages: 1 2