Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ripping with correct naming conventions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

is there any way in MakeMKV or any other MKV maker of ripping titles (mainly tv box sets) into files with the correct naming conventions? eg. tvshow.s01e01.mkv

Or is there a way of changing the names quicker than, right click, rename, type name so on and so forth.

I am about to rip my 9 seasons of Family Guy and 7 seasons of American Dad, so I hope there is a solution to this otherwise I have a lot of work to do!!

Thanks.
When I have to do a mass rename, I tend to use "File Renamer Basic" as it allows you to rename the content of entire folders by using wildcards and inserts etc etc. It is a Windows application, if that makes a difference.

I must admit though, I don't know if MakeMKV can set the naming conventions for you.
Thanks PureLoneWolf, I will Google it and see what I can find. After a bit of searching earlier I found a program called theRenamer but I don't think this suits as well as what you have suggested. I will take a look, the main annoyance is the multi-disc seasons because you always end up with multiple title001s and title002s and so one, other than that the program is a free dream!!