Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iPad 3 and xbmc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi Memphiz,

I have the New iPad with a large Database on MySQL shared with an HTPC and posters up to 1000x1500.
I would be happy if I can help test your xbmc build, wrote me a PN if I can help

a13x

Does the nightlies contain the fix? if not, can I please test the alpha version?

cheers.
Yeah, where is the download link for the retina-enabled alpha, I must be blind or something...
its not public - i just want another confirmation and sent links to 5 testers. I will push the fix to mainline then and it will be in next nightly build.
Fair enough. If you want an immediate response, I'm on my iPad right now and could give it a quick test. Otherwise waiting for tomorrow's nightly is no big deal.
Thx to the testers. Fix is pushed to mainline and will be active in next nightly build.
I tested the retina alpha and it works. I only spent about an hour with it, and didn't see any issues.
If you guys need an additional tester, PM me. I'll be glad to help out.
As tried last night, hdmi tv out is working under 1280x720 resolution and confluence themeļ¼Œbut not 1920x1080 -- only the left top corner of the picture is shown. help!
Post a log with debugging turned on when trying to do the tvout. Beside that it would be great to get a photo of that.
I have been using xbmc quite a lot since the new JB came out Friday, i have noticed the battery gets spanked when watching a movie ( and in idle with xbmc open ?!? ) and the iPad get hot , is that because its upscaling from 1024 x 768 ?

will xbmc use the new GPU in the iPad 3 ?

how long till the nightly with retina goes live ? Smile

Hi.

I have issues with the iPad 3 and smb share. Cant connect to my share, getting "Error 2" every time. With my iPad 1 it works thus (same version xbmc)...
Tried everything no success. Any help on this?

Tnx
Gligi
Thanks for the new nightly release Memphiz, I can see the ipad 3's retina display working great in the menus - the text and icons look very sharp and are a noticeable upgrade, however the video output doesn't seem to be displaying at native resolution. The subtitles are even noticeably sharper, but 1080p video appears to be 1024x768 upscaled, and not native.

EDIT: It seems photos are scaling fine, so its just the video decoder that's not displaying at native res.
(2012-05-29, 09:48)Turb007 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using xbmc quite a lot since the new JB came out Friday, i have noticed the battery gets spanked when watching a movie ( and in idle with xbmc open ?!? ) and the iPad get hot , is that because its upscaling from 1024 x 768 ?

will xbmc use the new GPU in the iPad 3 ?

how long till the nightly with retina goes live ? Smile

I would hazard a guess that the iOS builds don't feature the 'dirty regions' magic. This is something they put into builds for other platforms (windows?) to reduce the CPU load at idle.
I'm pretty sure that the CPU is used to decode video, again i'm not certain, but it would make sense as to why the battery declines so quickly.

I'm not really in the know, but I too would be curious to learn.
Unfortunately I am unable to view any videos to test as whenever I access my SMB shared folders the program hangs and the only way out is to quit via the iPad task manager.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18