Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iPad 3 and xbmc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2012-05-30, 17:01)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]I have other tricks planned for usage under iOS5 Smile bruhahahaha.

I look forward to it!
I installed the latest nightly (xbmc-20120529-303712d-master-ios.deb) and XBMC looks great in retina on iPad 3. My problem is I use a shared MySQL library and it seems that the nightly is not compatible with my library - XBMC is not recognising that I have a library in place at all.

Is this expected behaviour and is there any workaround?
(2012-05-30, 23:20)jackmeehan Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the latest nightly (xbmc-20120529-303712d-master-ios.deb) and XBMC looks great in retina on iPad 3. My problem is I use a shared MySQL library and it seems that the nightly is not compatible with my library - XBMC is not recognising that I have a library in place at all.

no and there are no workarounds unless you post xbmc.log so we can see just what's going on.
I found that audio amplification is broken on the latest nightly build for the iPad 3.
Its broken for all platforms because of the new audio engine - nothing special to iPad3 - move along.
(2012-05-29, 09:23)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Post a log with debugging turned on when trying to do the tvout. Beside that it would be great to get a photo of that.

Sorry, I'm kind of busy last week. I tried the 5-31 nightly and still nothing changed -- the interface is displayed only partly under 1920x1080 resolution tvout.

Here's a video showing the problem:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0JHfzsLJSOs/

And the debug log:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16HLw...0dLck/edit
i maybe have a fix for that but am are waiting for feedback from another tester to commit it. I'll send you a pm with a testbuild.
XBMC is a great app for ipad3

There still a little lag for 1080p mkv ,and when play 1080p mp4 only 15-16FPS

hopping for the performence improment
(2012-06-02, 12:56)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]i maybe have a fix for that but am are waiting for feedback from another tester to commit it. I'll send you a pm with a testbuild.

done testing and it works, thank you!

log is given to you via pm.
Fix for 1080p output is in mainline now - thx for testing.

We are aware of these performance issues with 1080p material. We either could stick back in that bandwidth clamp we had before - but users complained because of the sucky resolution then. So for now - be patient ... we won't switch back and forth the hacks...
seems a no brainer, the choice of reduced resolution or inability to play.
davilla - ENOBRAIN ... you want me to clamp the clamp clamp again?
Has anybody trying the use of a pvr Version on his ipad3? I'm interesting on playing a hd tv Stream on the new ipad3 and if it stuttering to, like on the ipad2.
(2012-05-30, 23:53)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 23:20)jackmeehan Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the latest nightly (xbmc-20120529-303712d-master-ios.deb) and XBMC looks great in retina on iPad 3. My problem is I use a shared MySQL library and it seems that the nightly is not compatible with my library - XBMC is not recognising that I have a library in place at all.

no and there are no workarounds unless you post xbmc.log so we can see just what's going on.
For information, I had a similar issue. I am using a MySQL shared library hosted on linux, with an iPad 3, a macbook, and less frequently on others devices...
I was using Eden release 2, I noticed the nighty was upgrading database version from 60 to 64.
I think I just produced a broken DB the first time I started XBMC on iPad, because it attempted to upgrade (a quite big) mysql db via a wifi link...
And quitting in the middle I guess is not safe. Smile (start > black screen, long... > what's happening... > quit, enable logs > oh I see...)

So I just upgraded all my devices to latest nighty builds, not wanting to have two unsynced databases.
And also deleted that broken DB and restarted the migration on my linux HTPC.
Everything works great now.
next nightly will be fast on mkv content again - but with resolution clamped down ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18