Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to organise movies in chronological order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst looking around the net at work yesterday afternoon, I stumbled across a development they going over on MediaPortal (anyone heard of it??) where they have a scraper that is able to put your movie collection in strict alphabetical and chronological order.

Do we have anything like that here as one thing that does really bug me is having a film with "The" at the start sorted out of sorts because "The" has been removed for the title. How can I stop this from happening??

Also, is there a way to manually add titles to the database as the auto mode doesn't always grab the right title. Presenting the user with a list of titles found based on the film title would be good so I can select the correct film before it grabs the data.

Thanks Guys.
See Settings->Appearance->File Lists.
Ok, thats perfect, solves one of my issues (I'm new to xmbc). With regards to the 2nd issue, how do I get it so say, all the harry potter films are grouped together in chronological order??
You want to checkout sets, alternatively sorttitle.