Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: focus across windows!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

is there any way to check focus across windows. i wan't to check if a grouplist has focus in the home windows from the videooverlay, and then make the videoocerlay slide to the side. is this possible and howHuh

i have already tried:

Window(0).ControlGroup(3551).HasFocus()
Window(Home).ControlGroup(3551).HasFocus()
ControlGroup(3551).HasFocus()
ControlGroup(3551).HasFocus

with no luck!!

cheers
c_bb
ControlGroup(ID).HasFocus
Hi Hitcher

thnx for the quick reply, but as i wrote in my post that does not work .... i also tried it without the () in the end ... stil no luck!!

do you have any other ideas?? thnx in advance :-)

cheers
c_bb
Is it definitely a grouplist you're trying to check has focus?

Pasting the whole home.xml to pastebin might help us.
just so we understand each other :-)

it is not in home.xml i have the problem, it is in videooverlay.xml i have the problem!! so i'm trying to read a focus state in home.xml (window 0) from videooverlay.xml (window 2904)!!

hope it makes sence??

cheers
c_bb
You can't check focus across windows, only in the current window. It may work with a script but I'm not sure.

Edit: You should be able to do it with a script... you have to grab the home window (10000), then you can get the focus id (getFocusId()), compare it to the id of your grouplist and set a property if it's focused. Then you can slide the overlay with a conditional animation.