Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change language during DVD playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi forum,

when I want to change the language during media playback, I have to open the player controls (OSD), hunt with a mouse for the button and adjust the language (there is a save option to set one language as default, but it seem that it does not work for all media). This is time consuming and a keyboard is always needed.

Is there an easier option like pressing “N” to cycle through the languages?

I have read the wiki “common keyboard controls” but could not find a simple way to switch the language.

Thank you.
If you map a button to (I think) "audionextlanguage" it should work. Just make a keyboard.xml file (a blank text file with that name) under xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ and add something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <N>audionextlanguage</N>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
I will try what you suggest, thanks Ned.
You don't say what operating system you are using. If you're using Windows grab KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ as this makes it easier to create and edit key mapping files.
Thank you jhsrennie,

i fosted in the windows sub-forum, but Ned shifted the post with his answer. Windows is my OS.

I will try editing the keymapy.
Exzellent! It works.

Thank you both for your kind help.