Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc freezing on start even after re-install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having problem after problem with XBMC ever since I updated it. First it would freeze when I played a movie. I uninstalled it then re-installed it and now I can't even get on at all. When it loads if I do anything it freezes automatically. I have uninstalled it several times and re-installed. I still can't do anything. I can't even get in to enable debugging. I'm not to impressed with the Eden version and seriously considering looking to see if there is another program like this that I can use. Is anyone else having problems with the newest version?
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
4.00GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7
Service Pack 1
I'm using an HP Laptop
Have you installed 11.0 or the nightly builds?
With them I had freezes too..
Try to uninstall en remove all folders in Appdata manually.
The use Ccleaner for exaple to get rid of any unused registry keys.
Then reinstall XBMC
Create an advancedsettings.xml file using a text editor and place it in your userdata folder. In that text file paste the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>3</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Then attempt to start up XBMC.

XBMC should write something to the log file at that point that should give us a clue about what is going on.
Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.