Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin XML Converter + Formatter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
No problem, just wondering that's all. I would try it myself if I had the knowledge.
(2014-07-11, 00:12)Bumpaneer Wrote: [ -> ]1.2.4 available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1681...v1.2.4.exe

Changes:
  • Special characters in variables should work now ( including () and : )
  • The camera element is now valid for all controls
  • <onleft>, <onright>, etc are now value checked for "-" and "noop" is recommended instead
  • The window should now resize properly

As usual let me know if you find any bugs. I'm still working on file names/line numbers for the remaining checks.
Bumpaneer,

All good, <camera> and $VAR handling now working as expected. In the interest of getting rid of a number of false positives, could you add to the Texture check section the following Default Images. While the skinner may not access these images from within their code, XBMC will use these images if the skinner includes them in their media directory (.xbt file).

Thanks again
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Yeah, good idea wyrm
If you're going to add them you might as well go the whole hog and add the rest.

Code:
rating0.png
rating1.png
rating2.png
rating3.png
rating4.png
rating5.png.png
OverlayRAR.png
OverlayTrainer.png
OverlayWatched.png
OverlayUnwatched.png
OverlayLocked.png

And for weather -

Code:
0.png
47.png
na.png

Anymore?
(2014-07-12, 16:35)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If you're going to add them you might as well go the whole hog and add the rest.

Code:
rating0.png
rating1.png
rating2.png
rating3.png
rating4.png
rating5.png.png
OverlayRAR.png
OverlayTrainer.png
OverlayWatched.png
OverlayUnwatched.png
OverlayLocked.png

Yep what Hitcher says on that one.

Quote:And for weather -

Code:
0.png
47.png
na.png

Anymore?
That one might be a bit harder as if the skinner includes those images (usually included in the XBMC directories, not skin directories), where exactly do they included them? Not sure how Bumpaneer could go about checking for any images that do not appear in the root directory of /media (Textures.xbt) without a lot of messing around.

I would think getting rid of the obvious false positives would make checking for problems by the skinner much easier anyway (less items to check thru).

Just my 2c worth
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Here is the list of folders/images that phil65 was ignoring in his checks:
"flags\", "cerberus", "default", "stars", "rating", "\480p.png", "\540p.png", "\720p.png", "\576p.png", "\1080p.png", "overlay", ".xbt"

I can change it to ignore just the specific images you guys have posted, regardless of folder if you think that would be a better solution. The problem with the way phil had it set up is that it seems very specific to a subset of skins, not broad enough to allow skin authors to place the images where desired.
1.2.5 available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1681...v1.2.5.exe

Changes:
  • Window resizing fixes
  • Spin control textures now checked
  • Radio button control textures now checked
  • Default images list updated based on thread discussions
@Bumpaneer
Perhaps start a new thread so you can keep the first post updated?
A few more additions please -
  • defaultinprogressshows.png
  • colordiffuse to scrollbar control

Thanks.
(2014-07-12, 19:55)Bumpaneer Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the list of folders/images that phil65 was ignoring in his checks:
"flags\", "cerberus", "default", "stars", "rating", "\480p.png", "\540p.png", "\720p.png", "\576p.png", "\1080p.png", "overlay", ".xbt"

I can change it to ignore just the specific images you guys have posted, regardless of folder if you think that would be a better solution. The problem with the way phil had it set up is that it seems very specific to a subset of skins, not broad enough to allow skin authors to place the images where desired.

regarding the folders- why not add two buttons that allow the user to select the "flags\" and "weather\" directories? That way skinners can just define the folders they use for those functions (if they exist). As for the others, I can definitely see excluding images that include "default", "stars", "rating" and ".xbt" though.
Dead link on the exe download 404 error
will have a look later. (also need to fix some small stuff)
(2014-08-10, 23:19)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]A few more additions please -
  • defaultinprogressshows.png
  • colordiffuse to scrollbar control

Thanks.

And some more I've found.

Invalid Values -

Code:
<textureradiofocus>-</textureradiofocus>
<textureradionofocus>-</textureradionofocus>

<icon>DefaultActor.png</icon>
<icon>DefaultVideoPlugins.png</icon>

Brackets check missed these -

Code:
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_4),Home_Album_List))
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_3),Home_Episode_List))
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_2),Home_Movie_List))

Also is it possible to show the offending xml for invalid IDs only there's a few found but I can't find them anywhere?

Many thanks.
(2014-11-08, 14:46)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Hitcher' pid='1770587' dateline='1407705551']
Code:
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_4),Home_Album_List))
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_3),Home_Episode_List))
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Skin.String(Home_List_2),Home_Movie_List))
Many thanks.
those errors seem valid, one of the last two ")" should be removed for those strings.
for the rest: will push some fixes when I find the time.
They weren't detected by the converter though rather they appeared in Kodi's debug log. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

(2014-11-08, 18:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-08, 14:46)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Hitcher' pid='1770587' dateline='1407705551']
Code:
Many thanks.
those errors seem valid, one of the last two ")" should be removed for those strings.
for the rest: will push some fixes when I find the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13