Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote control for Mac mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a remote for mini like the apple tv, I have an old Mac mini ppc.
Does it have an IR receiver ? If so then remote buddy & the standard apple remote is an option but I am guessing not. In any case have a look at Flirc and check if it is supported for your model. Otherwise there are a whole bunch of ios/android remotes. Have a look at the supplemental tools threads.
If you don't have an IR receiver then you'll need one (flirc is very good Smile )

If it does have an IR receiver built in, I would get a harmony remote (I have a cheap 300 - cost less than £20) and set it as Plex remote.
(2012-05-31, 20:11)kratos69 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a remote for mini like the apple tv, I have an old Mac mini ppc.

If your Mac-Mini is a 2006 or newer model there should be a IR port on the right side of the optical drive. You can use the same Apple remote that you use for your Apple TV.
I know its kinda late to ask but will Logitech harmony Universal remote 650 will work on my mac mini ppc model let me know thank you..