Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-08-20, 12:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
Very east to recreate...
Just create a TV SHOW folder such as 24:
Label season 1/2/3/4 etc folders
Create a banner.jpg
Clear art.png
Fanart.jpg
Folder.jpg
Landscape.jpg
Logo.png
Poster.jpg

The use the extra fanart plugin to download and create new files in the extrafanart Folder it creates...

Now when I enable this view, it uses my local stored files correctly, but displays no large fanart background image (it displays all the others/small landscape etc correctly etc... But only displays a large background image when I go to skin options, and enable "use extra fanart"

Then this now lets the view look inside my extra fanart and therefore rotates the selection of the images stored within the extra fanart folder which I'm not a fan of in general on low powered machines.

I assume it's working fine, I just think for revo/iOS/androids and low powered machines, we don't want fanart having to be the default choice. Adding an option to display 1 static image would be better.

The weird thing is when I disable "use extra fanart" I still see the fanart bg image. Even with no fanart.jpg or extrafanart in the folder of the series.
@paul
Files mode:
Playing movie and pressing "Info"

Same situation except now pressing pause:
Notice the 1" thick line that appeared over the top part of the pause OSD and the change of spect ratio of the poster etc:

@Amelandbor
For me it works in the reverse.
Perhaps you have an imaged located outside the "extrafanart" folder that it sees?

However, as i explicitly used the artwork downloader to get all my artwork i am restricted to work within its confinements... Is it possible you have the required image outside the extrafanart folder? If so, i cant do that as i would need to do this manually for all my files Sad

Other than that im not really sure what to say...

It looks awesome though, id have it as my default look for tv and possibly movies if it didnt require the extrafanart rotation...
Hmm, weird. Do you use linux, cause I'm testing it right now on windows.

Edit: I know what it is, global fanart is the problem.
(2012-08-20, 10:49)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]May I start by saying I'm glad realaska is merged with BIG. This will make the skin better, bigger and more used!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

I'd like to request an option "back button in Movie/TV Shows view will return to main menu".
I know there is a mod (manual return entry in some xml file), but this is hard to keep up to date with the GIT.

Hi, there is an option in skin settings menu that is return to menu in TV shows and movies.

Hope this helps!
(2012-08-20, 13:02)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, weird. Do you use linux, cause I'm testing it right now on windows.

Edit: I know what it is, global fanart is the problem.

Hey,
I'm on windows mainly but use iOSdevices etc too Smile

Glad you figured it out Big Grin
I don't use global fanart etc as they bring some of my low powered machines to a crawl, if you can work around that then that is fantastic as this iew is very nice indeed.

I'd like to see its colours match the rest of the skin though, for example I use realaskadark mainy, and when I select your view it changes fom realaska colours to your specific view colours. Will this be possible change o mke it blend with skins overall theme better?
Fixed both.

Let me know if it all works.
(2012-08-20, 14:49)BuhSnarf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 10:49)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]May I start by saying I'm glad realaska is merged with BIG. This will make the skin better, bigger and more used!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

I'd like to request an option "back button in Movie/TV Shows view will return to main menu".
I know there is a mod (manual return entry in some xml file), but this is hard to keep up to date with the GIT.

Hi, there is an option in skin settings menu that is return to menu in TV shows and movies.

Hope this helps!

Found it, thanks!
You can select realaskadark from the theme settings in settings - appareance.
(2012-08-20, 17:42)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]You can select realaskadark from the theme settings in settings - appareance.

Thank you, I just figured it out Blush

Think I just found a bug: when "return to menu in TV Shows and Movies" is enabled.

For movies:
It does not work in 'movies' -> 'new movies'

Same for tv shows:
It does not work in 'tv shows' -> 'new episodes'
(2012-08-20, 17:42)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 17:42)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]You can select realaskadark from the theme settings in settings - appareance.

Thank you, I just figured it out Blush

Think I just found a bug: when "return to menu in TV Shows and Movies" is enabled.

For movies:
It does not work in 'movies' -> 'new movies'

Same for tv shows:
It does not work in 'tv shows' -> 'new episodes'

It doesn't work for music either Big Grin but I think Paul and Sabish are looking at a new menu structure and front end for us to navigate so hopefully it will just be a small speed hump in the road for now...

@Amelandbor
I'll check the fixes and report back!
Great work though, as I really do adore the the view and I think it goes very well with the overall look of refocus Smile my only quibbles were the fact it required extra fanart and didn't use the theme colour (it appeared blue) when I was using different themes such as realaska etc...

I'll let you know how it goes...
(2012-08-20, 11:53)SarahB Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the generic image placeholder in the 'Pictures' section when trying the thumbnail view. List and Slide work fine.

Also not getting any thumbnails other than the placeholder in the Videos section, in any view choice.

I have just fixed it on GIT Sara. Thanks for reporting.

(2012-08-20, 12:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]@paul,
Tested the new git and their is a big problem with posters with files that are not scanned into the library?
This can be recreated by doing the following.

Create a movie folder and all related art work,
Ensure this is NOT scanned into the library.
Play movie in files mode
Press "info" and you will notice that the poster is cut into the shape of a square and is missing a lot of its top and bottom.
Now when you press "pause" the poster changes shape again, this time it's slightly taller but still not correct.

Also alignment is still off for these files that are not scanned into the library.

There also seems to be a strange bug with the "show glow" option as its giving me a strange 1cm line across the top of my OSD when enabled? I'll post a screen when I'm off the iPad so you can get a better idea of what I mean.
Big Grin

Hi Pat, this is a really weird behavior. You should not get any poster when video is playing on file mode but a video thumbnail instead, as the movie was not scanned to your library and the skin was only filtering by movie or episodes when displaying poster.jpg or folder.jpg. Pretty weird. In any case I have already modified the skin to look for poster.jpg , or folder.jpg if you have that setting enabled this time including video files as well. Posters should look more centered now, as well as the overlay which should be shorter now in both info and paused screens in case of files. Before it was only the case on info screen. Not too sure about the glow thing that you commented, it displays fine here.

Cheers.

EDIT: the video now will stop when changing the poster related settings to avoid further issues. That is, when changing the two options to display only poster, and use folder.jpg
Can I use git checkout and git pull in .xbmc/userdata/addons to download and update refocus big without any issues (like loss of settings)?
(2012-08-21, 16:00)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Can I use git checkout and git pull in .xbmc/userdata/addons to download and update refocus big without any issues (like loss of settings)?

That's what I do and I don't have any loss of settings Smile

Latest git is working great here, I think it is stable enough. Also, Paul has changed some little issues I was having since original refocus, it's awesome. Give it a try. You can always go back to stable 0.77 if you are not happy with git.
(2012-08-21, 16:07)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 16:00)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Can I use git checkout and git pull in .xbmc/userdata/addons to download and update refocus big without any issues (like loss of settings)?

That's what I do and I don't have any loss of settings Smile

Latest git is working great here, I think it is stable enough. Also, Paul has changed some little issues I was having since original refocus, it's awesome. Give it a try. You can always go back to stable 0.77 if you are not happy with git.

Ok thanks mate. It's not that I only want the 'nightly' updates, but I don't like manually downloading the stable zip and place it in userdata/addons...

This skin needs a repo! Laugh
(2012-08-21, 16:17)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]This skin needs a repo! Laugh

+1 Smile