Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

Two questions...

Sometimes when I select one of my movies and then "open" the options to see the trailer, the trailer does not start... do i need to install something?
What is the watchlist and what does the watchlist script do?

Ty
Really impressed with the extra features you've added, by far my favourite Skin now.

However i have one small issue....is there any any reason in particular why menu transitions are so much slower than the pure reFocus skin?

Running the original reFocus skin i see no lag at all when opening Movies/TV etc..but with reFocus Big there is a delay of 5-10seconds with a black screen when opening these menu items..

Anyone else get this ?
I really like all the little changes you've made in this most recent update. It fixes all of the issues I had, and a few I didn't realize I did!
(2012-09-17, 14:45)hughfr4nc15 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

Two questions...

Sometimes when I select one of my movies and then "open" the options to see the trailer, the trailer does not start... do i need to install something?

Ty

I think you need to have installed the trailers add-on.

(2012-09-17, 15:13)Uridium_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Really impressed with the extra features you've added, by far my favourite Skin now.

However i have one small issue....is there any any reason in particular why menu transitions are so much slower than the pure reFocus skin?

Running the original reFocus skin i see no lag at all when opening Movies/TV etc..but with reFocus Big there is a delay of 5-10seconds with a black screen when opening these menu items..

Anyone else get this ?

It is really fast for me, though maybe it depends on the hardware. Not sure if Paul has any other hint.

The latest update is absolutely amazing.
Hi Paul,

The new changes look really good, can't wait to go home and try it out. The widgets look very well done, and thanks for putting in the new simple list view. Looking forward to the new skin you guys are cooking up if it shares ideas with this one.
What is the best way to update it? Install the zip file without removing the previous one? Will it keep my settings?
(2012-09-17, 02:59)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Animations on widgets are now optional.

Thank you! Now it's more "reFocus like" and much faster on my ATV1. Blush

This is now fantastic, but ... can you have a look on the main page with widgets on with the realaska theme? Because of the opacity it's all very, very dark and I can't read the text above the fanart ("recent"? "watchlist"?) and can't see much of the menu items. Sad

Can you

1. add an option "no opacity"
2. and make the color of the text above the fanart like the color of the clock (if you can't read the text with no opacity, too)?

Please? Blush Angel
Hello! Nice update!
Just a question, is there a way to remove the loading time when xbmc start? I don t use the widget like watchlist so I don t need the skin to take its time to start!
I ll prefer without loading as I want a fast skin (which focus is!)
Thanks again for your work!
Cheer!
(2012-09-17, 16:58)kyotocafe Wrote: [ -> ]

Two questions...

Ty

It doesn't seem to work, can you help Paul? What do i have to install?
Is it possible to install this via a Repo?
Because the "install zip" do not work on my Raspberry[/align]!! Sad
(2012-09-17, 17:05)Silvaire Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul,

The new changes look really good, can't wait to go home and try it out. The widgets look very well done, and thanks for putting in the new simple list view. Looking forward to the new skin you guys are cooking up if it shares ideas with this one.

Thanks. It's nice you like it.

(2012-09-17, 17:06)hughfr4nc15 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best way to update it? Install the zip file without removing the previous one? Will it keep my settings?

It will keep all your settings.

(2012-09-17, 18:48)newsilentsilver Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-17, 02:59)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Animations on widgets are now optional.

Thank you! Now it's more "reFocus like" and much faster on my ATV1. Blush

This is now fantastic, but ... can you have a look on the main page with widgets on with the realaska theme? Because of the opacity it's all very, very dark and I can't read the text above the fanart ("recent"? "watchlist"?) and can't see much of the menu items. Sad

Can you

1. add an option "no opacity"
2. and make the color of the text above the fanart like the color of the clock (if you can't read the text with no opacity, too)?

Please? Blush Angel

Sure. I will add an option to make the widgets more compatible with the white realaska theme.

(2012-09-17, 19:48)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Nice update!
Just a question, is there a way to remove the loading time when xbmc start? I don t use the widget like watchlist so I don t need the skin to take its time to start!
I ll prefer without loading as I want a fast skin (which focus is!)
Thanks again for your work!
Cheer!

Thanks. It makes sense. I will add a setting to remove the loading animation on startup.
Meanwhile you can press escape. It should go straight to the home screen.

(2012-09-17, 20:14)hughfr4nc15 Wrote: [ -> ]

Two questions...

Ty

I will take a look.

(2012-09-17, 20:42)Italia Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to install this via a Repo?
Because the "install zip" do not work on my Raspberry[/align]!! Sad

Sorry, I am planning to have our own repo to host both BIG and reLoaded. I just did not have the time yet to work on it. I would be pleased if anyone want to host the skin in another repo meanwhile.

I have uploaded a new update before I go.

Thanks to Amelandbor, the landscape.jpg is falling to the fanart on the fanart view.
It's indeed a fantastic view.

(2012-09-17, 20:14)hughfr4nc15 Wrote: [ -> ]

Two questions...

Ty

I think it's actually related to the youtube plugins, I have the same problem as well
I checked the youtube plugin thread and it seems like youtube change something(not sure what it was)
but the author mentioned that he might release a new update by next week or so.

And thanks Paul for the latest update with the widgets, for some reason I can't seem to access the view mode options when browsing tv or movies.
Will try reinstalling the skin again to get it working hopefully.
Wahoo such a quick response and a great additional update thank you!
Nothing shows up for me under the Currently Watching widget. Is there something else I'm missing that I need to install or enable?