Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love this skin and have been using it for a while. A few things I've noticed in Frodo Beta 1:

- Fanart on the homescreen does not seem to be working unless you try san70's workaround.
- Menus take a significantly longer time to load. I get quite lengthy black screens when I select settings and weather from the homescreen. This didn't happen before. It works fine in Confluence so I'm guessing this is skin-related.
- I also had a hard time running the Artwork Organizer script from within Refocus. I had to switch to confluence to run it and then go back to Refocus. Am I just doing something wrong here?

These are the things I've noticed so far.

I know you're busy with life and all the other things you do so take your time. I appreciate your hard work, Paul. Thanks a ton.
I have posted a zip file that fixes the missing poster problem with the widgets. The zip file contains two .xml files that need to be copied into the 720p folder for reFocus BIG. These two files should replace the existing IncludesAddons.xml and IncludesHomeWidgets.xml. As always, BACKUP the existing files before you replace with my mods. In addition to fixing the posters, I also modified the setup a little bit so that the recent episodes show posters instead of episode thumbs. This is just my personal preference, so if you prefer to see episode thumbs, feel free to mod it back.

I still can't figure out why recommended TV shows shows only one tv show poster at a time, but I'm not going to spend any more time messing with it. Also, there are some other issues where the season / episode number don't appear to be correct, but I believe that was an existing issue - not caused by my modifications, but never say never...

Once more for grins: BACKUP you're existing skin before using these .xmls.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68098179/Archive.zip

Cheers.
Come on RefocusBIG repo for Frodo!
(2012-11-16, 04:34)jmuck78 Wrote: [ -> ]I have posted a zip file that fixes the missing poster problem with the widgets. The zip file contains two .xml files that need to be copied into the 720p folder for reFocus BIG. These two files should replace the existing IncludesAddons.xml and IncludesHomeWidgets.xml. As always, BACKUP the existing files before you replace with my mods. In addition to fixing the posters, I also modified the setup a little bit so that the recent episodes show posters instead of episode thumbs. This is just my personal preference, so if you prefer to see episode thumbs, feel free to mod it back.

Thanks a bunch, works great! I agree, makes more sense with posters, as the episode thumbs aren't really indicative of which show it is.
Is there any reason why the OSD overlay isn't themed in anything except the default theme? I was going to submit a pull request on Github for this, but wasn't sure if there was a reason I wasn't aware of.
I have noticed that the player controls overlap the now playing graphics. I don't know if this is specific to ReFocus Big but I don't remember this being an issue before. Is there a way to change this?

Also, I'm suddenly getting fan art slideshows in Now Playing, no matter what I tweak in the settings. Again, forgive me if this is a consequence of a different recent modification (I also installed Universal Artist Scraper) but again, in normal ReFocus I didn't have this issue so I'm trying to isolate the cause. Thanks so much.
After installing Frodo B1 and the latest reFocus I see that there is a change in the way watched/unwatched overlays are handled. Can this please be an option to show an indicator only on unwatched shows/movies like it has always been in the past? This is a HUGE reason that I have stuck with this skin over the last few years. Btw... I love the new large sized overlays, although they're backwards in my case Smile.

Also, there is a bug on the home screen where weather shows even if selected as disabled. And of course the global fanart slideshow doesn't work, but I see that's because the video folder is empty now in Frodo...

Thanks again...

Anyone else experiencing a glitchy animation when showing thumbnails with small grid? All other animations are smooth, but when scrolling in the small grid it doesn't look right.
Yes, glitchy thumbnail animation with small grid here as well. Pretty annoying because it's otherwise a good view.
I'm still using 'normal' ReAlaska, but does anyone know how to show albums only once?

I don't want the the album list under artist to repeat.
I tried using RecFosu big with Frodo beta 1 and it seems to work fine. is it officially supported to work with Beta 1? Also, a deal breaker with me on the skin is it doesn't show any watched status for TV shows. Why is that? Is it a bug or just a feature that's not part of this skin?
I just tried installing the repo on another computer and it said dependencies no it met. What does that mean?
I wish i had found this theme before , its almost exactly what I was hoping for when i made the switch to XBMC from mediabrowser. One thing i do miss from other themes tho ( convergence for example ) , is the ablity to have the genres as thumbnails for tv and movies, and access external icons.

Any chance this could be added to the request log ?
Thanks for all the feedback.
I am still working on the changes for Frodo.
Latest version is as usual on the main branch of the git repo.

I will fix all the bugs that are being reported, as well as trying to implement some of the features/changes requested.

(@knewknow, Indicators for unwatched items will be back as an option
Weather on main menu should display fine now if selected)

@patseguin, dependencies not met error means that you don't have all the scripts/services required by the skin. Now that the frodo repo is up they should be installed automatically.)
Any way to remove weather report and clock symbol on xperience1080 info OSD?

EDIT: Found it, just remove any occurence of <include>OSDWeatherClock</include>.

EDIT2: Did thumbnails small grid option disappear with latest git?