Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the response Paul. Is there not even an option to mark TV episodes as watched? That is the only thing keeping me from using this skin full time.
(2012-11-19, 01:55)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the feedback.
I am still working on the changes for Frodo.
Latest version is as usual on the main branch of the git repo.

I will fix all the bugs that are being reported, as well as trying to implement some of the features/changes requested.

(@knewknow, Indicators for unwatched items will be back as an option
Weather on main menu should display fine now if selected)

You sir are doing a great job with this skin. Thanks for being so accommodating. Have you noticed a large performance hit in Frodo with refocus big (choppy menus etc.)?
@patseguin

TV episodes are marked as watched here, can do it manually as well.

They should throw out Confluence and make reFocus the default skin, it's so much better...
Hi,

I've been using ReFocus BIG for a while now and I've been loving it.

I am wondering if there is a way of removing the blue fading on the left side of the home screen? It looks very weird when I have black fanart... and generally blocks part of my fanart backgrounds.

Thank!
I love the skin, but I have multiple issues which I don't know if are frodo related or me not understanding the skin.

#1, I can get fanart to display for my movies menu item or tv shws menu item.

#2 TV shows to get mark as watched like the default skin does. Does the skin support this but it is just broken.

#3 I can find a ZIP repo for this skin. Only a zip of the actual skin. Where do I find the repos so I stay updated?

#4 I can't find any menu to exit XBMC, reboot, etc. Does the skin just not allow you to exit XBMC?
I cannot get this skin installed on Frodo with OpenElec.
The install from zip complains about not meeting dependencies.
There is no possibility to extract the zip directly in the addons folder with openelec.
I manually downloaded:
-tv.show.next.aired
-artwork.downloader
-artistslideshow
-globalsearch
-skin.widgets

Fixed by installing randomlastitems plugin.
Hi,

Found a couple of issues

1) PVR channel icons are not showing in the Timeline EPG view
2) After 30 seconds or so the EPG data sometimes vanishes

And have a couple of requests

3) Can you allow the option of showing tv posters OR episode thumbs in the recent TV widget
4) Can you allow the option of showing movie posters OR fanart in the recent TV widget

Thanks for the great skin!
(2012-11-17, 23:40)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried installing the repo on another computer and it said dependencies no it met. What does that mean?

Install this manually (it's not yet in the Frodo repo).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448
(2012-11-19, 03:51)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the response Paul. Is there not even an option to mark TV episodes as watched? That is the only thing keeping me from using this skin full time.

The episodes should be marked as watched automatically.

(2012-11-19, 04:54)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-19, 01:55)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the feedback.
I am still working on the changes for Frodo.
Latest version is as usual on the main branch of the git repo.

I will fix all the bugs that are being reported, as well as trying to implement some of the features/changes requested.

(@knewknow, Indicators for unwatched items will be back as an option
Weather on main menu should display fine now if selected)

You sir are doing a great job with this skin. Thanks for being so accommodating. Have you noticed a large performance hit in Frodo with refocus big (choppy menus etc.)?

Not really. I didn't notice any performance hit when using Frodo, but I have to admit that I have been using Frodo for some time now, so my perception could not be too accurate.
I will check an Eden installation to compare whenever I have some time.

(2012-11-19, 18:38)Julestop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've been using ReFocus BIG for a while now and I've been loving it.

I am wondering if there is a way of removing the blue fading on the left side of the home screen? It looks very weird when I have black fanart... and generally blocks part of my fanart backgrounds.

Thank!

Sure. Try using any of the other dark themes available on:

System -> settings -> Appearance -> Theme

(2012-11-19, 19:04)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I love the skin, but I have multiple issues which I don't know if are frodo related or me not understanding the skin.

#1, I can get fanart to display for my movies menu item or tv shws menu item.

#2 TV shows to get mark as watched like the default skin does. Does the skin support this but it is just broken.

#3 I can find a ZIP repo for this skin. Only a zip of the actual skin. Where do I find the repos so I stay updated?

#4 I can't find any menu to exit XBMC, reboot, etc. Does the skin just not allow you to exit XBMC?

#1, System -> settings -> Skin -> Customize Backgrounds -> Enable Global Fanart Background

#2, They should be marked as watched automatically. Are you not able to see any watched overlay, or is it that new watched episodes are not being marked as watched automatically when using the skin?

In any case, try enabling the option "Big Watched Overlays" on the Skin settings, view settings section.

#3, There is no repo yet.. I did not find the time yet to setup a new one as it is my intention, and no one has offered to host it either so far.

#4, System -> settings -> Skin -> Customize Home Menu -> Settings tab -> Exit

You will find then the option Exit when selecting System on the Home Menu.
It will display a dialog to reboot, quit, etc.

(2012-11-19, 23:07)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get this skin installed on Frodo with OpenElec.
The install from zip complains about not meeting dependencies.
There is no possibility to extract the zip directly in the addons folder with openelec.
I manually downloaded:
-tv.show.next.aired
-artwork.downloader
-artistslideshow
-globalsearch
-skin.widgets

Fixed by installing randomlastitems plugin.

True. Thanks for pointing it out. I have just removed the dependency as this script is no longer necessary . The skin now uses the skin.widgets service for that purpose.

(2012-11-19, 23:40)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Found a couple of issues

1) PVR channel icons are not showing in the Timeline EPG view
2) After 30 seconds or so the EPG data sometimes vanishes

And have a couple of requests

3) Can you allow the option of showing tv posters OR episode thumbs in the recent TV widget
4) Can you allow the option of showing movie posters OR fanart in the recent TV widget

Thanks for the great skin!

Thanks. Sure, I will implement both requests. I will check the issues on the PVR section as well. I have not been using PVR lately, but I will eventually check on the related bugs.

(2012-11-19, 02:42)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to remove weather report and clock symbol on xperience1080 info OSD?

EDIT: Found it, just remove any occurence of <include>OSDWeatherClock</include>.

EDIT2: Did thumbnails small grid option disappear with latest git?

Thumbnails small grid option is now back on latest git.
I temporarily disabled it to get it fixed.
Thanks Paul, your support is one of the best for any skin.

I cannot get any TV episodes to get marked as watched. So if I understand your message, this feature is just broken which I can live with for now. I absolutely love your work.
BTW #2 for enable global fanart doesn't work. Still no fanart fot movies or tv shows. I['ll chalk it up to broken as well.
(2012-11-20, 05:45)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]BTW #2 for enable global fanart doesn't work. Still no fanart fot movies or tv shows. I['ll chalk it up to broken as well.

I can see watched indicators just fine here. They work good, so no broken at all.
Same for fanart, I can see fanart for my tv shows and movies in views. You should review your settings.

Btw, Thanks Paul for the big indicators, I love them.

I love your skin, great job !

I had to hide fanarts from films or TV show views, because there was a real performance impact from Eden version of ReFocus (really, i use a USB Key for the system), sometimes XBMC hang for 2 seconds before showing fanarts, or moving to next poster in view.

Disabling fanarts in view make XBMC much more fluid.

Is this normal ?
(2012-11-20, 11:20)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]I love your skin, great job !

I had to hide fanarts from films or TV show views, because there was a real performance impact from Eden version of ReFocus (really, i use a USB Key for the system), sometimes XBMC hang for 2 seconds before showing fanarts, or moving to next poster in view.

Disabling fanarts in view make XBMC much more fluid.

Is this normal ?

I also use a usb key, I am using Frodo's openelec nightly builds. I didnt notice any slowdowns with fanart. In fact with latest version from git I noticed it was even faster.
Are you using extra fanart option?
Try with the fanart again disabling the opacity options.
is there a way to get media totals on the home screen so i know how much is in my library