Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-19, 23:40)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]3) Can you allow the option of showing tv posters OR episode thumbs in the recent TV widget
4) Can you allow the option of showing movie posters OR fanart in the recent TV widget

Thanks for the great skin!

Done.

(2012-11-20, 17:58)Weavus Wrote: [ -> ]Any way I can make the homescreen fanart blend with the theme like the movie/tv section?

I have the following skin settings enabled:

Theme "metal"
Homescreen -> customize backgrounds
> Use original wallpaper: yes
> Enable global fanart background: yes
Homescreen -> widgets
> Light Opacity

Thanks!

Done too. Now if you are using the original wallpaper option, the overlay to highlight the widgets should not be displayed. Also, now the homescreen fanart blending with the theme should be pretty similar to the one in the movie/tv section

(2012-11-20, 19:58)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]You're definitely right, opacity did not change anything, but disabling extra fan-art in media view make XBMC fluid like water Big Grin
I will wait for your improvements on this.

Many thanks !

I have implemented a few more tweaks to extrafanart. It should be faster now.

(2012-11-20, 22:34)Jaypeg Wrote: [ -> ]In deck view for movies, banner images is used instead of poster images. Just a small heads up. (In lastest git version)

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="frames/frame_Portrait-mask.png" fallback="thumbs/movie_portrait.jpg">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</texture

I suppose it should be:

PHP Code:
<texture diffuse="frames/frame_Portrait-mask.png" fallback="thumbs/movie_portrait.jpg">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture

Thanks for reporting. It is fixed now.

(2012-11-20, 22:38)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Paul, it seems that it is possible to host a repository from Google Code or Github!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

Thanks. Actually that was my intention when creating the Google Code page for reFocus Big.
Still didn't have time though to setup the repo in there. I hope that when things get more stable I will be able to do it.

(2012-11-21, 08:33)Frozin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul,

Love the mod, just noticed something with the recommended widget. It appears to be showing the wrong season # and episode #. The episode name is correct along with the description. Don't know if this is skin related or xbmc related or if its something I did.

thanks again for a great mod.

True. It has been fixed now.

(2012-11-22, 17:04)Dingens Wrote: [ -> ]Hey
thanks a lot, great MOD.
Two questions:
If you play a music track and hit TAB, you get the full screen view. If the title of the track is long, it's not shown completely and, in contrast to other skins, it also doesn't scroll. Any chance to get it scrolling?
And, in the same view, a progress bar would be nice. Any chance for that?
Thanks a million
Rolf

I will get that fixed and I will check on the progress bar implementation.

(2012-11-22, 23:09)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]is it just me or no matter whether the weather home item is enabled or not it still shows, latest git version.

This should have been fixed some time ago already.

Can you please confirm what version are you running?
You can check it under settings, appearance, skin, and then check for the number under the skin's name.
Latest should be 0.84.2

(2012-11-23, 09:21)Dennis1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-17, 18:27)Dennis1984 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still using 'normal' ReAlaska, but does anyone know how to show albums only once?

I don't want the the album list under artist to repeat.

I'm sorry to repeat my own question, but is there someone who knows the answer to this? I don't want the albums to appear multiple times in this view.

Try changing the following option in ViewSlide.xml,
from wraplist to fixedlist.

(2012-11-23, 10:49)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]hello,
just one question, how can I make the animation in poster view more slow?
I feel it's too fast for me! ( yes I'm slow...)
thx!
cheers

Just to confirm, you mean the slide view, right?

I have been implementing several changes lately on the widgets section.
Now you can disable any widget, and there are more options to display posters on recent tv shows, or fanart on recent/recommended movies.

Also, it is possible to disable the menu shade on the left of the home menu. It will be off automatically when viewing the fanart in any widget item so that the fanart gains more prominence.

Besides, I have added a new version of the Melted Chocolate theme which Ely51um has kindly provided.
(2012-11-23, 11:56)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 17:04)Dingens Wrote: [ -> ]Hey
thanks a lot, great MOD.
Two questions:
If you play a music track and hit TAB, you get the full screen view. If the title of the track is long, it's not shown completely and, in contrast to other skins, it also doesn't scroll. Any chance to get it scrolling?
And, in the same view, a progress bar would be nice. Any chance for that?
Thanks a million
Rolf

I will get that fixed and I will check on the progress bar implementation.

Hey Paul
thanks, progress bar is there! Just found it in the options dialog. So it's just the scrolling problem left!
Thanks again
Rolf

yes the slide view, sorry ...
(2012-11-23, 11:56)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-23, 10:49)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]hello,
just one question, how can I make the animation in poster view more slow?
I feel it's too fast for me! ( yes I'm slow...)
thx!
cheers

Just to confirm, you mean the slide view, right?

(2012-11-23, 19:40)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]yes the slide view, sorry ...

No problem, I just wanted to confirm Smile . To make the animation slower in slide view when using posters you just need to change the following value in ViewSlide.xml, from current value which is 200, to a bigger one which suits you better.

Lovely! Thanks...
thanks a lot!
I put 700 and it's more "comfortable" for me this way! more smooth...
thanks
cheers
(2012-11-23, 11:56)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the following option in ViewSlide.xml,
from wraplist to fixedlist.
Thank you Paul!

I've also managed to edit the theme by changing the samba.conf and thus the ability to change files through SMB. Now my latest thing is hiding albums per artist which are compilations, but I guess this is something put hard in XBMC as I cannot find any topic adressing this issue (except that it is by design). One cannot have it all...
so what addons need to be installed to get this skin to work? i installed the three mentioned by someone earlier in this thread but i'm still getting dependencies not met. thanks.
(2012-11-23, 11:56)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]This should have been fixed some time ago already.

Can you please confirm what version are you running?
You can check it under settings, appearance, skin, and then check for the number under the skin's name.
Latest should be 0.84.2

yep thanks, its 0.84.2, i have tried toggling the weather on and off and rebooted many times but it wont go, using metal theme is that matters.

Thanks.

EDIT: changed to default theme on refocus and it still does it Sad

EDIT2: how do i install the git version? just download > extract > copy via ftp? isntall from zip on rpi takes forever but i presume ftping the extracted version is same?

Finally can i request a feature? the realaska osd but in dark form so instead of a extremely bright white background its more grey/black Smile thanks

EDIT 3: Removed the weather section of code from home.xml and its gone Big Grin good enough for now
Hi,
LiveTV from home menu freezes the skin. Someone else had found a fix to this by changing ActivateWindow(600) to ActivateWindow(PVR) in HomeMenu.xml. Could this change be done to the source code in git, please?
reg,
Max
(2012-11-23, 12:06)Dingens Wrote: [ -> ]So it's just the scrolling problem left!
Thanks again
Rolf

Hey Paul
Scrolling would still be crucial Wink, also I played a little bit more with the skin, and have another question:
So far, the icons for "up one level" and "all albums" (of an artist) are the same (the record on the record player). Would it be possible to have different icons? Is it possible to change the icons myself?

Also, I want to add a menu item to switch over to EyeTV for Live TV. In confluence this worked with something like in the home.xml
Code:
<item id="11">
                    <description>EyeTV</description>
                    <include>BackgroundVarsSearch</include>
                    <label>Fernsehen</label>
                    <onclick>Plex.RunScript(StartEyeTV.applescript)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(noSearch)</visible>
                </item>

Would that be a similar process here or how would I do this?
Thanks for your help!
Rolf

Hi,

It's been awhile since I played around with reFocus and XBMC on my ATV2...I see there's this nice new mod Smile I'm confused though...how do I install this? Do I have to have stock reFocus installed first? Do I unzip the file once I download the mod from git? Some instructions would be helpful...thanks!
Yeah I had trouble too. Couldn't find a working repo so I unzipped it to the XBMC folder. Still too buggy so I can't use it yet.
HuhHuh

Can anyone help me with this one?... why is the clear-art, logo or whatever little picture on the left of this screenshot appear so low? how can I fix it... it's not supposed to be there, it's like sinking in or something... please help... it's driving me crazy...

Hello,

Weather always on the home menu, even if it disable in settings, last version from GitHub installed.
Not a so big problem though, i can live with it Big Grin

I wanted to add a poster for 5th season fro True Blood : how can i do that (Artwork Downloader is installed) ?