Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for your answers, Paul!

(2012-12-03, 15:59)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, that would be really great. I am aware that the current amount of options must be a little overwhelming for someone who just started using the skin. It's just that I don't have time to do it at the moment.

If you are interested in this I could try to produce an overview page/post/etc. including the needed screenshots. Now that I have used the skin for a while I might be able to produce a hopefully structured visual overview of the available options. Let me know if you'd like me to do this (for the Wiki perhaps)?

(2012-12-03, 15:59)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Just download the zip file, and install it by going to settings, addons, install from zip file.

Yep, I read some more in this thread and figured this out by now. Wasn't aware that the ZIP archive that the GIT repo generates can directly be installed inside XBMC. I had some problems with "Dependencies not met" although manually checking all addon versions (you posted a list some pages ago)...finally figured out it had to do with being on alpha7. I updated my Frodo to beta and all worked as expected. I still get a "script.watchlist" failed whenever I start XBMC, I guess this is not related to the skin though...
Hello,

@paul Salem, i tried the extrafanart option in media view, after you made some updates.

There is something weird, hard to explain :
I stay on a video, fanarts slideshow.
i move after an extrafanart is shown, and before another one,
the fanart for the new selected video is shown.
but the next fanart is an extrafanart of the previous video and no more slideshow for this video !

I hope i'm clear, but i seriously doubt Big Grin
(2012-12-03, 19:21)taalas Wrote: [ -> ]If you are interested in this I could try to produce an overview page/post/etc. including the needed screenshots. Now that I have used the skin for a while I might be able to produce a hopefully structured visual overview of the available options. Let me know if you'd like me to do this (for the Wiki perhaps)?

That would be great. Thanks a lot. The thread posts have a limit of six screenshots, but I think we could add it to the google code site wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/skin-refocusbig/

Let me know if you are still interested and I will add you as a contributor.

(2012-12-03, 19:21)taalas Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I read some more in this thread and figured this out by now. Wasn't aware that the ZIP archive that the GIT repo generates can directly be installed inside XBMC. I had some problems with "Dependencies not met" although manually checking all addon versions (you posted a list some pages ago)...finally figured out it had to do with being on alpha7. I updated my Frodo to beta and all worked as expected. I still get a "script.watchlist" failed whenever I start XBMC, I guess this is not related to the skin though...

Just remove the skin.watchlist addon. You will not need it in Frodo, now skin.widgets is being used instead for the same purpose.

(2012-12-05, 13:05)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

@paul Salem, i tried the extrafanart option in media view, after you made some updates.

There is something weird, hard to explain :
I stay on a video, fanarts slideshow.
i move after an extrafanart is shown, and before another one,
the fanart for the new selected video is shown.
but the next fanart is an extrafanart of the previous video and no more slideshow for this video !

I hope i'm clear, but i seriously doubt Big Grin

Thanks. You made yourself pretty clear. I will get that fixed.

I finally had some time to create a repo for the skin:

http://skin-refocusbig.googlecode.com/fi....salem.zip

Now you can install it as any other addon, settings -> addons -> Install from zip file ,
and you will get the skin updates from there.
Paul

I mentioned this issue before and you acknowledged it, but I just wanted to remind you.

I'm using the back button returns to home menu option.
This works in the movie-browse and tvshows-browse modes, but in some other views, like recent or unwatched, this feature doesn't work and I'm returned to a list with Title, Year, Actors and that sort of stuff in stead of jumping back to the home menu as I would expect.

So if you find the time, I'd really appreciate it, have been waiting for this for a long time ;-)
Thanks for the repo Paul! It works great Smile
@ Paul Salem :
Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option in the skin OSD preferences page to enable/disable poster images on OSD seek bar view ?
The goal is to have no movie/TV show poster image and no image of any sort above the seek bar.

That option would be really great for those like me that prefer to have a minimalistic seek bar view without
anything unnecessary hiding the video.

The actual OSD option "use always poster image" does not seem to have that effect.

I used to use a "dirty" trick by manually removing the poster related sections in DialogSeekbar.xml file but
as i download weekly the master branch updated version, i confess i become a bit lazy to edit the file
after each update.

Anyway, thanks for your job on this skin.
(2012-12-03, 15:59)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-28, 01:30)thegrau Wrote: [ -> ]@paul

A slight bug remains though : when I try to change or load a TVSerie clearart by going thru "movie information>edit>get artwork" (or something like that ; my software is in french) it goes through my entire collection asking me for each serie starting with the first one (instead of the one I'm actually into).

It has been fixed now on git. Version 0.84.8

Thanks again ! This skin keeps getting better and better.
Excellent job on v0.86.

I had a request that I never got around to making (probably could have made it into this version had I gotten around to it), but it requires me making a pair of screenshots to explain what it is I'm asking about

EDIT: Nevermind! What I wanted is already there! Now that's what I call service!
Hey Paul
thanks a lot, scrolling working!!
Cheers
Rolf
(2012-12-05, 18:04)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Paul

I mentioned this issue before and you acknowledged it, but I just wanted to remind you.

I'm using the back button returns to home menu option.
This works in the movie-browse and tvshows-browse modes, but in some other views, like recent or unwatched, this feature doesn't work and I'm returned to a list with Title, Year, Actors and that sort of stuff in stead of jumping back to the home menu as I would expect.

So if you find the time, I'd really appreciate it, have been waiting for this for a long time ;-)

Thanks for the remainder. That's on the todo list. Hopefully it will make it to next version.

(2012-12-05, 23:11)san70 Wrote: [ -> ]@ Paul Salem :
Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option in the skin OSD preferences page to enable/disable poster images on OSD seek bar view ?
The goal is to have no movie/TV show poster image and no image of any sort above the seek bar.

That option would be really great for those like me that prefer to have a minimalistic seek bar view without
anything unnecessary hiding the video.

The actual OSD option "use always poster image" does not seem to have that effect.

I used to use a "dirty" trick by manually removing the poster related sections in DialogSeekbar.xml file but
as i download weekly the master branch updated version, i confess i become a bit lazy to edit the file
after each update.

Anyway, thanks for your job on this skin.

Sure. It makes sense, I will add a setting for that purpose.

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have recommended and recent items set on a per-area basis? As I like having recommended items shown for my tv shows, but find the feature useless for movies. I prefer to have recent items for movies.
Is this possible? Is it something I can change locally in the code files?

Thanks.

(best skin available btw)
(2012-12-05, 17:40)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I finally had some time to create a repo for the skin:

http://skin-refocusbig.googlecode.com/fi....salem.zip

Now you can install it as any other addon, settings -> addons -> Install from zip file ,
and you will get the skin updates from there.

This repo isn't for Eden, is it?
It says the skin dependencies aren't met.
(2012-11-29, 14:53)nivv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-29, 14:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]What XBMC version are you using? Eden or Frodo.
Also, what version of the skin are you using?
This was fixed on git's main branch version some time ago.

I'm using reAlaska Dark and I'm on Eden. I think I installed a fresh download a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks
(2012-11-29, 14:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce the problem here. Could it be a hardware performance problem? What kind of machine are you using?

I have a core i3 3225, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Hello, in this videos view :
http://i.imgur.com/YsgOt.jpg

Is there a way or an option to invert position of Posters list and synopsys ? Because as is, I can't see fanarts, they're behind posters :p (yes, fanarts will be behind synopsys, but it will be much more visible)
Other thing, possible to add a Blu-Ray (if HD) and DVD (if SD) showcase on the posters ?

Thanks for your great job !
How can i edit the homemenu? Want to add a addon to the homemenu.