Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-12-07, 01:43)asha_man Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have recommended and recent items set on a per-area basis? As I like having recommended items shown for my tv shows, but find the feature useless for movies. I prefer to have recent items for movies.
Is this possible? Is it something I can change locally in the code files?

Thanks.

(best skin available btw)

Agree with this completely, I think having recommended and recent both looks way too busy. There could just be a button for recommended tv + recent movies instead of having the possibility of all limitless combinations if that is easier to implement. Right now I have recommended on and just disabled TV widget and but the new movies as a sub menu of tv which is a suitable replacement.
(2012-12-07, 00:38)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 23:11)san70 Wrote: [ -> ]@ Paul Salem :
Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option in the skin OSD preferences page to enable/disable poster images on OSD seek bar view ?
The goal is to have no movie/TV show poster image and no image of any sort above the seek bar.

Sure. It makes sense, I will add a setting for that purpose.

Thanks, you rocks
Hi great work so far Smile

Was just wondering if its possible to get the deck view added for tv shows seasons like it is for the actual tv shows Smile

Thanks, and if it is already there please let me know where thanks.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have recommended and recent items set on a per-area basis? As I like having recommended items shown for my tv shows, but find the feature useless for movies. I prefer to have recent items for movies.

Thanks.

Thanks. I will add the option to choose recommended or recent per area.

(2012-12-07, 02:16)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 17:40)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I finally had some time to create a repo for the skin:

http://skin-refocusbig.googlecode.com/fi....salem.zip

Now you can install it as any other addon, settings -> addons -> Install from zip file ,
and you will get the skin updates from there.

This repo isn't for Eden, is it?
It says the skin dependencies aren't met.

That's correct. The repo right now is only for Frodo.

(2012-12-07, 12:27)nivv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-29, 14:53)nivv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-29, 14:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]What XBMC version are you using? Eden or Frodo.
Also, what version of the skin are you using?
This was fixed on git's main branch version some time ago.

I'm using reAlaska Dark and I'm on Eden. I think I installed a fresh download a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks
(2012-11-29, 14:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce the problem here. Could it be a hardware performance problem? What kind of machine are you using?

I have a core i3 3225, so it shouldn't be an issue.

As you are using Eden, try using the latest git version of the Eden branch,
https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocu...e/eden.zip

I fixed the issues with the small grid some time ago, but only for main branch, which is for Frodo.
I think zeppy did fix it too with Eden's version. Please try and let us know the results.

(2012-12-07, 14:08)ElPolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, in this videos view :
http://i.imgur.com/YsgOt.jpg

Is there a way or an option to invert position of Posters list and synopsys ? Because as is, I can't see fanarts, they're behind posters :p (yes, fanarts will be behind synopsys, but it will be much more visible)
Other thing, possible to add a Blu-Ray (if HD) and DVD (if SD) showcase on the posters ?

Thanks for your great job !

Well, that's a good idea to consider for a new view. I will think about it.
About the Blu-Ray or DVD showcase I will need to think about it as well.

(2012-12-07, 15:46)g.scholtens Wrote: [ -> ]How can i edit the homemenu? Want to add a addon to the homemenu.

If you want to add an addon to the home menu, in the same way tv shows or movies are displayed you need to edit the homemenu.xml file with something like this:

Code:
<item id="24">
                    <label>Addon Name</label>
                    <onclick>RunAddon(addon.name)</onclick>
    </item>

If you want to add an addon to the sub menus you can add it using the skin settings.

(2012-12-07, 16:19)esk1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

Agree with this completely, I think having recommended and recent both looks way too busy. There could just be a button for recommended tv + recent movies instead of having the possibility of all limitless combinations if that is easier to implement. Right now I have recommended on and just disabled TV widget and but the new movies as a sub menu of tv which is a suitable replacement.

As mentioned, I will start by adding the option to choose recommended or recent per area.
Then, later on, I will add another option to use recommended tv + recent movies on the same widget.

(2012-12-08, 01:23)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi great work so far Smile

Was just wondering if its possible to get the deck view added for tv shows seasons like it is for the actual tv shows Smile

Not at this moment. Banner or deck views are not available for tv shows seasons.

(2012-12-01, 13:38)bradgy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

Wondering if anyone can give me a quick pointer, basically my tv logos and network flags are too close together in slide view. Looking for a quick fix to spread them out; even better would be an easy way to disable the tv logo altogether (the option in settings doesn't appear to change it). Eden, 11.0 Win 7 x64, last night's refocus-eden zip.
Many thanks, Brad

I too have this issue. I for one, like the logos.
Hi Paul,

Love the theme, it just keeps getting better and better. Between your MOD and Frodo , i've switch from WMC and Mediabrowser. However , MB had one feature
in most of its themes that I would love to see in Refocus BIG, namely custom icons for Genres.

Theres a few skins out there for XBMC that already do this , and let the end user place the icons/thumbs in the media/moviegenres folder .

Right now in the MOD as it stands theres only the List view for Genres, any chance you could introduce a thumbnail/custom icon view to the options ?
(2012-12-08, 04:25)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-01, 13:38)bradgy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

Wondering if anyone can give me a quick pointer, basically my tv logos and network flags are too close together in slide view. Looking for a quick fix to spread them out; even better would be an easy way to disable the tv logo altogether (the option in settings doesn't appear to change it). Eden, 11.0 Win 7 x64, last night's refocus-eden zip.
Many thanks, Brad

I too have this issue. I for one, like the logos.

Could you please try this version as well? https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocu...eca458.zip
(2012-12-08, 02:53)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]

Not at this moment. Banner or deck views are not available for tv shows seasons.

OK Thanks but is this due to a XBMC issue or is it just you do not feel like adding it at the current time?
(2012-12-08, 04:43)Da1ek Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul,

Love the theme, it just keeps getting better and better. Between your MOD and Frodo , i've switch from WMC and Mediabrowser. However , MB had one feature
in most of its themes that I would love to see in Refocus BIG, namely custom icons for Genres.

Theres a few skins out there for XBMC that already do this , and let the end user place the icons/thumbs in the media/moviegenres folder .

Right now in the MOD as it stands theres only the List view for Genres, any chance you could introduce a thumbnail/custom icon view to the options ?

Thanks. I will add this to my todo list.

(2012-12-08, 20:51)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-08, 02:53)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]

OK Thanks but is this due to a XBMC issue or is it just you do not feel like adding it at the current time?

Not really. I just did not have time yet. Let me check how good the deck view works with seasons. If it looks good, I will keep it.

(2012-12-08, 11:07)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please try this version as well? https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocu...eca458.zip

I am running Eden. That won't work for me.
I think got lost on github a little bit (I'm still new to the platform). Maybe this one is for Eden? https://github.com/downloads/paulsalem/s...-0.8.3.zip
(2012-12-09, 11:49)zeppy Wrote: [ -> ]I think got lost on github a little bit (I'm still new to the platform). Maybe this one is for Eden? https://github.com/downloads/paulsalem/s...-0.8.3.zip

That didn't fix anything for me. The skin works the same as it did before, just the overlap bug is there.
I'll check out the code and see what I can do.
Is it possible when you listen to music, you see artist fanart? I now see the standard visuals, something like this:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/re...t000-7.jpg

(2012-12-09, 01:07)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-08, 20:51)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-08, 02:53)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Not at this moment. Banner or deck views are not available for tv shows seasons.

Not really. I just did not have time yet. Let me check how good the deck view works with seasons. If it looks good, I will keep it.
ok thanks, i think it will look good if you have the "season banner images" if not then obviously it won;t look good but then you just wouldn't use that view Smile if i knew how to theme i would add it Big Grin but im more programming than visual design.