Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incidentally, on a completely unrelated note.....

Paul, if you get a chance, you just need to rename the "Manhattan Neighborhood Network.jpg" file in the networks folders to simply "MNN.jpg". I have a show on TVDB that is from that network, and the network logo didn't appear until I manually renamed it on my end to MNN.jpg. Thanks Smile
(2012-12-16, 07:20)canadave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-13, 23:54)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a few minor bug I'm experiencing.....
Have you noticed any odd issues with movie posters disappearing after you play one? Only to have it (sometimes) later reappear?

I'm not sure if this RC is to blame, or the skin, but I think its more likely the skin from the way things are happening.

Interesting.

First of all, if you check out the thread I posted in the iOS Support forum about rebuilding video thumbnails (the thread I linked to a few posts ago), I was able to get my own thumbnail issue solved--stupid me, I still had .NFO files that were pointing to now-non-existent video thumbnail locations online.

However, I did just experience the problem you talk about above. I started playing a movie, exited, and the thumbnail was gone. Then, I exited back to the main home screen, went back into the Movies section, and the thumbnail had reappeared. Rinse, repeat--I was able to make the thumbnail disappear and reappear following that procedure.

I don't think the fault is with XBMC though. I only say this because when I switched to Confluence and tried again, there was no problem whatsoever with the thumbnail--it never disappeared.

Did you test it with Confluence and see if you get the same thumbnail disappearance?
In the meantime, here's a snippet of the log. It encompasses me starting to play a movie, fast forwarding a couple of times quickly, then exiting out. Note in particular the "DoWork" line at 01:09:59, where it loads a reFocus thumbnail .jpg of some sort--is that part of what the issue is, I wonder?

So I tested it, and indeed, it doesn't happen in Confluence.
(2012-12-16, 08:59)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]So I tested it, and indeed, it doesn't happen in Confluence.

Actually happens quite a lot when using Confluence on my OpenELEC & Windows box. I've tried each of the betas but think I only noticed it start happening with the RC. I haven't done any fresh installs / library wipes to rule out problematic upgrades / corrupt cache yet. I also haven't been able to consistently reproduce it.

I'm probably very wrong but I've noticed two things in Confluence.. sometimes the fanart/thumb doesn't appear until after the "total playtime" has been counted up (even if that is commented out of the skin) + I think the new Frodo cache is introducing delays where there weren't any before depending on whether your local cache had been fully generated already and the speed of your internet connection and how much of a beating the fanart/poster source is taking... but I'm probably talking rubbish. Not sure what logic the Frodo cache uses anymore there have been so many changes.
On another unrelated note--when I have the highlight cursor in the Home menu hovering over something, it stays bright white for a few seconds, then dims quite a bit. Is there any way to prevent the dimming?
(2012-12-16, 11:02)vexation Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-16, 08:59)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]So I tested it, and indeed, it doesn't happen in Confluence.

Actually happens quite a lot when using Confluence on my OpenELEC & Windows box. I've tried each of the betas but think I only noticed it start happening with the RC. I haven't done any fresh installs / library wipes to rule out problematic upgrades / corrupt cache yet. I also haven't been able to consistently reproduce it.

I'm probably very wrong but I've noticed two things in Confluence.. sometimes the fanart/thumb doesn't appear until after the "total playtime" has been counted up (even if that is commented out of the skin) + I think the new Frodo cache is introducing delays where there weren't any before depending on whether your local cache had been fully generated already and the speed of your internet connection and how much of a beating the fanart/poster source is taking... but I'm probably talking rubbish. Not sure what logic the Frodo cache uses anymore there have been so many changes.

Your results made me decide to double check, and yes, it IS happening. This is driving me nuts now.

Probably shouldn't have tested so late at night though.
(2012-12-16, 01:05)Kermit1974 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there...
Being a newbie to xbmc I find this skin absolutely brilliant and the main reson I moved from mediaportal to xbmc.
Just a feature request:
Is it possible to integrate the New advanced weather features to this skin?

Love your work on this skin

Thanks. I will look into it.

(2012-12-16, 07:57)canadave Wrote: [ -> ]Incidentally, on a completely unrelated note.....

Paul, if you get a chance, you just need to rename the "Manhattan Neighborhood Network.jpg" file in the networks folders to simply "MNN.jpg". I have a show on TVDB that is from that network, and the network logo didn't appear until I manually renamed it on my end to MNN.jpg. Thanks Smile

Will do.

(2012-12-16, 17:09)canadave Wrote: [ -> ]On another unrelated note--when I have the highlight cursor in the Home menu hovering over something, it stays bright white for a few seconds, then dims quite a bit. Is there any way to prevent the dimming?

I will add a setting on next version to prevent the dimming on the cursor/pointer.
Great stuff, thanks Paul Smile
Good to hear it Paul.

Any ideas on resolving the poster/thumbnail issues we've been discussing?
Using the xperience1080 OSD, when you pause, is it possible to shorten or eliminate the amount of time it says "paused" before switching to the time that the show/movie will end? I love that feature, but sometimes it seems like forever before it rolls over.
I set it not to show weather and disable it under settings>skins somewhere in there. Weather is unchecked yet it shows up still. I also tried disabling weather altogether and it didn't work. It also shows now playing after I have disabled it. I assume frodo is of main concern at this point but wondering if this bug is that release as well for when frodo gets a full release. Its not all that big of a deal tbh, just something I don't want.

Other thing I wanted to see if I could get rid of was the button that allows you to change in between genres, titles, years, etc. This button is under TV Shows and Movies and again allows you to sort. I'll attach a picture of it. Its the cinema poster (purple).

I've been working with this for hours trying to get the fanart (backdrops) to show but no luck, can anyone point me in the direction to get this working properly.

Previously I've used the MQ 4 skin and I have no problem with the backdrop fanart. Is it possible this skin is looking in a different location for the fanart.

I've also ran the artwork organizer addon but still no luck.
Anyone have an answer to the question above?
(2012-12-17, 00:36)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear it Paul.

Any ideas on resolving the poster/thumbnail issues we've been discussing?

Not really, sorry. I am not able to reproduce it and if I am not able to reproduce it I cannot fix it.

(2012-12-17, 08:16)kalicki Wrote: [ -> ]Using the xperience1080 OSD, when you pause, is it possible to shorten or eliminate the amount of time it says "paused" before switching to the time that the show/movie will end? I love that feature, but sometimes it seems like forever before it rolls over.

I will look into it.

(2012-12-17, 17:20)pewter77 Wrote: [ -> ]I set it not to show weather and disable it under settings>skins somewhere in there. Weather is unchecked yet it shows up still. I also tried disabling weather altogether and it didn't work. It also shows now playing after I have disabled it. I assume frodo is of main concern at this point but wondering if this bug is that release as well for when frodo gets a full release. Its not all that big of a deal tbh, just something I don't want.

Other thing I wanted to see if I could get rid of was the button that allows you to change in between genres, titles, years, etc. This button is under TV Shows and Movies and again allows you to sort. I'll attach a picture of it. Its the cinema poster (purple).

What version are you using?

(2012-12-17, 23:36)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working with this for hours trying to get the fanart (backdrops) to show but no luck, can anyone point me in the direction to get this working properly.

Previously I've used the MQ 4 skin and I have no problem with the backdrop fanart. Is it possible this skin is looking in a different location for the fanart.

You need to select the following option:

Settings > Skin > Customize Backgrounds > Enable Global Fanart Background
I'm running the one under the "Eden:" tag on the first post, looks to be 0.83.1, I am using Eden so i'm not sure if i should try to frodo one or not. I think i'll just end up dealing with it until Frodo is released and then install the repo and go from there.
(2012-12-17, 23:36)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working with this for hours trying to get the fanart (backdrops) to show but no luck, can anyone point me in the direction to get this working properly.

(2012-12-18, 11:56)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]You need to select the following option:

Settings > Skin > Customize Backgrounds > Enable Global Fanart Background

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the help. Worked like a charm.