Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering with the EPG Timeline, should there be Network logos visible?
(2012-12-31, 00:33)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering with the EPG Timeline, should there be Network logos visible?

Yep. PVR for refocus hasn't been worked on in a long time. It needs to support the timeshift OSD controlls. The info osd dialog is suppose to appear when you cycle channels using up and down, this does not work on the original skin.

It works if you change th osd to realaska, but the channel icons are so big they look stupid.
If I'm not mistaken, v0.87 just got released, I noticed the add-on updated, and for sure, its marked at such in the skin dialog.

Either way, thanks for all your work Paul.

EDIT: Looks like I've encountered a pretty annoying bug already.

In slide view, in both TV and Movies, the title and genre/length text are doubled up.

I just got the upgrade, and I can confirm that I have the same bug. Same goes for the TV shows library as well. I don't have a music library, so I can't test that.
Thanks for reporting. It has been fixed on 0.87.1

UPDATE 0.87.1

. Different widget options for TV Shows and Movies (recommended tv + recent movies).
. New widget for Now Playing tv shows/movies on Home Screen.
. Do not deselect Pointer on Home Screen.
. Back to Home on all menus.
. Option to disable poster/clearart/logos images on OSD seek bar view (original OSD).
. Seasons deck view.
. Option to display Extra Fanart on Now Playing Fullscreen view.
. Several different bug fixes and requests (extrafanart,now playing notification,etc).

Sorry I don't have time to reply to all but I will take note of all mentioned requests/bugs.

Happy New Year.
Thanks Paul for the quick fixes, and thanks for all the work you've done on the skin. Happy New Year.
After upgrading to 87.1 my music continues to scan.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this?

By the way, great skin. I like the fact that its not cluddered.
(2012-12-31, 18:48)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting. It has been fixed on 0.87.1

Happy New Year.

Thanks a bunch.
And Happy New Year to you all.
I love the skin, my only wish is the ability to completely modify the homescreen with custom items. Sort of like Aeon(nox) does.

Other then that its perfect.
Great update! Happy new year to you too sir.

Was it just temporary or are you not using github anymore?
Just 4 short questions:
1. This skin is using constantly about 30% CPU in idle. Weather, widgets and animations are already deactivated. The original "ReAlaska: Dark" is using about 16% CPU.
Is there any room for optimization?
2. Youtube is probably one of the most used Addons. Currently the thumbnails aren't working as outlined here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:YouTube
"This only works when using the default "Confluence" skin as the plugin is dependent on the Id defined for confluences thumbnails view"
So it is perhaps possible to use those Ids according to the Confluence skin?
3. In the YouTube Addon and list view, long title names aren't sliding so that you can read the full title. I don't know ifi t's an issue of the skin or the Addon.
4. When starting a movie I would like to see the playtime in the right corner a little bit longer. Can I edit this setting somehow?

Thanks for all the work and one great Frodo skin.
(2013-01-01, 20:24)Rogi Wrote: [ -> ]I love the skin, my only wish is the ability to completely modify the homescreen with custom items. Sort of like Aeon(nox) does.

Other then that its perfect.

I second this, as much as I love reFocus BIG, a custom item option built in would be wonderful. Otherwise, I have to manually edit the HomeMenu.xml and add something like this...

PHP Code:
<!--custom-->
<
item id="9">
    <
label>Anime</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/Anime.xsp", return)</onclick>
</
item

It works decently, but I could not figure out how to set the background, so I had to use the Music item id and change its background, since I have it hidden. Hopefully that bit of code can help you out Rogi if you really need a custom item. Searching the forums a bit also provides more in-depth explanation of adding custom menu items like YouTube.
I love the new widget for videos! One very very minor quibble though. When you press right, it jumps down to the recommended TV shows. I think it would be better if it jumped to recent movies instead, because that's directly to the right. So instead of going down and to the right, it goes directly to the right. Does that make sense?
Hello Paul!

is it possible to create a slim/light-version for raspberry pi or apple tv 2?
A light version might loose all it's charm, I'd say. However, as a Pi owner I can tell you some optimizations could be done, as reFocus works very well on a 256Mb Pi while reFocus BIG constantly crashes.

PS: reFocus is quite spiffy without the background fanart in the Views (homescreen is ok either way).