Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-21, 15:39)jasonlcox Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed a couple of problems:

(1) album art is being cropped at top and bottom in slide and list views. Someone mentioned this earlier, and said it was restricted to 1080p mode, but the same thing happens in 720p.

This problem definitely exists and has existed for me since first installing reFocus BIG probably a year ago and running it on all Frodo nightly builds since they began (again, about a year ago). ATV2 720P. Persists after fresh installs, etc -- there is definitely a bug somewhere. Does not occur under Confluence. Problem did not exist in reFocus w/ Eden.

I use the music section mostly so it would be awesome to see it fixed.

One other tweak that would be awesome would be to (at least have the option to) 1.5-2x the size of the album cover thumbnail on the OSD bar. Sure, it would extend beyond the height of the OSD bar, but it'd look still aesthetically nice as the large posters on the movie OSD do.

Thanks for the work, this is the best skin available. Beautiful aesthetics married with good performance and none of the sometimes cheesy bells/whistles/graphics found in other skins.

thank you.
fmkb
(2013-01-23, 17:05)freshmikeb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-21, 15:39)jasonlcox Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed a couple of problems:

(1) album art is being cropped at top and bottom in slide and list views. Someone mentioned this earlier, and said it was restricted to 1080p mode, but the same thing happens in 720p.

This problem definitely exists and has existed for me since first installing reFocus BIG probably a year ago and running it on all Frodo nightly builds since they began (again, about a year ago). ATV2 720P. Persists after fresh installs, etc -- there is definitely a bug somewhere. Does not occur under Confluence. Problem did not exist in reFocus w/ Eden.

I use the music section mostly so it would be awesome to see it fixed.

One other tweak that would be awesome would be to (at least have the option to) 1.5-2x the size of the album cover thumbnail on the OSD bar. Sure, it would extend beyond the height of the OSD bar, but it'd look still aesthetically nice as the large posters on the movie OSD do.

Thanks for the work, this is the best skin available. Beautiful aesthetics married with good performance and none of the sometimes cheesy bells/whistles/graphics found in other skins.

thank you.
fmkb

I'd like to have bigger album art on the OSD too - and the option to remove the blue bar. CDart would be great too. I used to use the Night skin, and really liked the music OSD it had.

Thanks to everyone keeping this skin going!
Hi.

Great skin! Thanx for that. Rofl

I use it with the REFOCUS theme on my ATV2. Everything works fine, except one minor thing. Where in hell can i disable the backgrounds on the home screen!? I would like to have a blank, white screen.

Thanx in advance.

Efty
(2013-01-22, 23:59)wargo Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i am suffering of menu disappering time to time, i can see only the highlight button without text and sometimes the skin turn in something different, like instead of 17 themes it turns to 8 without realaska. I tried to unistall and reinstall but it's always at 0%

im with raspbmc

nobody with the same prroblem? litteraly all the menu disappears i can see only the highlight bar without contents
hey guys...
thanks for this clean and great looking skin!
I nearly finished modifying it to my likings when I got stuck with adjusting the clock. this is how my homescreen looks like:
my problem is that the font used for the clock seems to be somehow bold or streched.
I already checked the font.xml and includes.xml. It's definetly using the same font as the date, just at a different size - but still it looks bold Undecided
Any hints on how to get it look slim like the "-2°" in the weather part?

Thanks in advance!
I think you have to change the font in font.xml to the same font used with the name homemenu.
Hi everyone, as asked before, it would be great if someone could make a lighter version to run smoother on the raspberry pi, or could add an option to remove every transition.
is it possible?

ps. apart from this it's a wonderful skin Smile
Thanks for the reply Amelandbor.
Just double checked it - inside font.xml the clock gets the same font as the menu or the date. I tried to add a <style> for the clock font inside font.xml, and it seems that only the flag "italics" changes the actual style of the clock - trying to set it to "normal" didn't change a thing.
Does the clock recieve any "bold" tag except in the font.xml (didn't found any so far)?
Hi cr.one.

Can you please tell me where you get the white wallpaper 'cubed' from!? It looks fantastic.

Thanx
Efty
The add-on has been marked as broken in repository is the error I get.
Same issues as others - very slow when moving from main menu to either Movies or Tv Shows. I'm running OpenElec on i5 8gb ram.

Also from time to time I have menu disappearing as well as able to move but not select anything in main menu.
Is there a way to implement a smart playlist as a main menu option. I have this on my children's tv and want only shows I deem ok to be able to be viewed. Figure the best way to do this is set a smart playlist limiting to a specific genre and in the metadata of the movies they can watch make that specific genre.
(2013-01-27, 14:46)scwheeler Wrote: [ -> ]Same issues as others - very slow when moving from main menu to either Movies or Tv Shows. I'm running OpenElec on i5 8gb ram.

Also from time to time I have menu disappearing as well as able to move but not select anything in main menu.

for me disabling 'extra animations on home screen' seemed to sort the problem with slowness.
(2013-01-22, 06:21)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Well it looks like I found the answer to my gui slowdowns/stuttering after about 6 months of testing Frodo each month to see if it's been fixed. Frodo is using a default dirty regions setting of 3, where Eden had dirty regions turned off by default. All I did was turn off dirty regions completely in the advancedsettings file ... check the example:

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

Now reFocus runs perfectly smooth in Frodo just as it did in Eden. I'm still surprised that no one else has mentioned this fix or this problem on their systems. Let me know if this works out for you as well.

Just wanted to let you know that this sorted the problem on all of my boxes. Thanks a bunch.