Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
s1mp3,

use channel up/down buttons on your remote to jump from page to page.
If you want to scroll using letters, you have to set up your keymap.xml to use JumpSMS style numbering for your remote. that way for example, you can jump to titles/artists starting with C by pushing the number 2, three times on your remote.

There's plenty of info out there on how to do this.

Start here:
see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml
There's a good thread on this topic here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120927

If you need more info/help with this, then you need to post on over in the XBMC General forum, as it's got nothing to do with the skin.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.
(2013-02-26, 23:29)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]If there is one thing i hate about skins, it's horizontal menu's. Sure they look nice, but they are a PITA to use... Especially when the menu's travel off the screen, you have to go all the way to the right to reveal the menu's off the screen... They become 'hidden items' so to speak.

Virtical menus are ALWAYS cleaner and much more intuitive in nature. You can easily see all menu items, and it's much easier on the eyes to read 'top to bottom' Nothing wrong with the current home screen if you ask me.

+1
I couldn't agree more.
(2013-02-26, 23:29)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]If there is one thing i hate about skins, it's horizontal menu's. Sure they look nice, but they are a PITA to use... Especially when the menu's travel off the screen, you have to go all the way to the right to reveal the menu's off the screen... They become 'hidden items' so to speak.

Virtical menus are ALWAYS cleaner and much more intuitive in nature. You can easily see all menu items, and it's much easier on the eyes to read 'top to bottom' Nothing wrong with the current home screen if you ask me.

If it was true that vertical menus are always cleaner, then all program main menus would be vertical. The simple truth is that vertical menus always waste more space that can't be used for anything else, even when the menu items themselves are compact, especially when they are a few, like 5-6.
Anyway - I especially stressed that several times, that reFocus is still one of the best skins ever and I love it ... and it is not that there's something wrong with the home screen, simply the main menu does not look solid enough. It just fades/loses with the other content ... somewhat. That is what I suggest to be improved.
If most of you are fans of vertical menus - so be it - I have no issue with that, but still - the menu should take center stage ... doesn't mentioning the main menu is inconsistent with the rest of the skin menus - there's no other menu (incl verticals) that look like the main one. Even the vertical sub-menus are better ... at least they are not banned on the edge of the screen, not clearly highlighted.
In the end it comes down to personal taste... me personally, I use refocus the way it was intended by its creator jeroen, simply a menu. I hate the widgets, I have absolutely no need for widgets, and I believe they're a poor implementation modded/hacked together in refocus big, something that should be turned off (which I've done) lol... and that's just my personal taste.

But I certainly don't see how your mock up menu makes the home screen more consistent with the rest of the skin... its more inconsistent than the current virtual menu you claim to be inconsistent.

Never the less, I do like your mock-up. It looks good, but I personally am not sold on the idea. But that's my opinion, truthfully.
Hi !
First of all, thank you for this mod, it is very great !
I would have just a request, I experience a problem (If I can call this a problem...) about opacity in Skin>others>enable opacity
I am using reFocus BIG for test here, with the reAlaska theme, and it is very light and clear, but in the movies section, I notice that the opacity will only operate on a black scale .
I mean , the more I increase the %, the darker the screen goes.

at 70%
at 30%

With no opacity Option

It seems the opacity option doesn't take the theme background anymore
My objective here was to have the fanart a little bit more important with the white theme ^^ I don`t know if it is possible

In addition, but is was probably said in other msgs,
For my HTPC project, the must have, would be to insert items directly to the home menu, not as sub menus, such as the power off button ( to suspend directly the computer with the remote), and movie playlist, to have children movies, etc directly instead of Movies
and Advanced launcher, for my emulators integration, but it is not urgent Smile)

Thank you for the awesome job
(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7p..._horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.
(2013-02-28, 10:32)erwannv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi !
First of all, thank you for this mod, it is very great !
I would have just a request, I experience a problem (If I can call this a problem...) about opacity in Skin>others>enable opacity
I am using reFocus BIG for test here, with the reAlaska theme, and it is very light and clear, but in the movies section, I notice that the opacity will only operate on a black scale .
I mean , the more I increase the %, the darker the screen goes.

It seems the opacity option doesn't take the theme background anymore
My objective here was to have the fanart a little bit more important with the white theme ^^ I don`t know if it is possible

In addition, but is was probably said in other msgs,
For my HTPC project, the must have, would be to insert items directly to the home menu, not as sub menus, such as the power off button ( to suspend directly the computer with the remote), and movie playlist, to have children movies, etc directly instead of Movies
and Advanced launcher, for my emulators integration, but it is not urgent Smile)

Thank you for the awesome job

Actually, currently opacity works in the way that the more opacity you apply, for instance 80% or 90%, the less transparent the background is.

For reAlaska white, opacity is not recommended at this moment, as it does not blend well, as shown in the screenshots. I will need to review it to make it more compatible with the setting.

In next version it is planned to be able to add several items on the main menu directly, instead of submenus.

As for advanced launcher, it is on the list, but not for next version.
(2013-02-28, 12:09)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7p..._horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.

Since the subject of new a home menu for reFocus is on the table, i want to share my approach with you. I've done the following mockups last summer, when i was discussing with Paul the idea of doing reFocus reLoaded. But reFocus BIG has come a long way since then, so maybe It could be nice to implent an alternative homescreen in BIG in next updates, instead of keeping it for a new skin/mod that might take months (or even years) to see the light of day.

Anyway, here it is : it's mainly based on some metro UI concepts i've seen here an there, but i think it could blend in nicely with rest of the skin :

Of course, these are just raw mockups, and have therefore a lot of room for improvement (espacially for the thumbs in bottom), but feedback is welcomed of course Wink

Sabish.
I just want to say fantastic let it come please ;-)
Nice fresh touch sabish Smile looks very good!
I don't like the all white Alaska-like look (I'm more partial to the blue), but the overall design itself is pretty nice.

That OSD is good for music, do you have any mockups for video? Hopefully its different.
Hi, I've noticed an issue and wonder if you can configure it somehow.
when selecting Live TV the screen gets dimmed and you have to press right arrow key to be able to do anything.
It looks like the left menu is focused but doesn't show any menu items?!

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks
Wondering if anyone can help me with a tvtunes problem, I cant seem to get it working.
Have all the theme.mp3's in the individual folders but they do not want to play for some reason.
Could this be anything to do with it being a mysql database?
@Sabish - Really nice, man. Better than mine. A little bit more off the reFocus style, but really nice. I love it.
(2013-03-01, 09:46)wgards8 Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if anyone can help me with a tvtunes problem, I cant seem to get it working.
Have all the theme.mp3's in the individual folders but they do not want to play for some reason.
Could this be anything to do with it being a mysql database?
Fix = skin settings / wgards8 = idiot