Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-02-28, 13:52)Sabish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-28, 12:09)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7p..._horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.

Since the subject of new a home menu for reFocus is on the table, i want to share my approach with you. I've done the following mockups last summer, when i was discussing with Paul the idea of doing reFocus reLoaded. But reFocus BIG has come a long way since then, so maybe It could be nice to implent an alternative homescreen in BIG in next updates, instead of keeping it for a new skin/mod that might take months (or even years) to see the light of day.

Anyway, here it is : it's mainly based on some metro UI concepts i've seen here an there, but i think it could blend in nicely with rest of the skin

Of course, these are just raw mockups, and have therefore a lot of room for improvement (espacially for the thumbs in bottom), but feedback is welcomed of course Wink

Sabish.

Holy crackwhore. That's an amazing home screen right there!
(2013-02-28, 14:40)timtim78 Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to say fantastic let it come please ;-)

(2013-02-28, 20:06)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Nice fresh touch sabish Smile looks very good!

(2013-03-01, 11:18)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]@Sabish - Really nice, man. Better than mine. A little bit more off the reFocus style, but really nice. I love it.

(2013-03-01, 13:03)pettson3816 Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crackwhore. That's an amazing home screen right there!

Thanks all for the nice feedback. So who's up for coding it ? Wink Paul my friend, are you busy these days ? Angel

(2013-02-28, 22:11)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the all white Alaska-like look (I'm more partial to the blue), but the overall design itself is pretty nice.

That OSD is good for music, do you have any mockups for video? Hopefully its different.

It's not an OSD, only the now playing screen showing up on the main menu when you listen to music
(2013-01-25, 12:55)blusa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, as asked before, it would be great if someone could make a lighter version to run smoother on the raspberry pi, or could add an option to remove every transition.
is it possible?

ps. apart from this it's a wonderful skin Smile

I would appreciate this too Smile
although I like the new homescreen design, it would be nice if one could chose between horizontal and vertical.
(2013-01-21, 15:25)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]Started using your skin with rPi but I've came up against an issue. My movies menu does appear on the menu although it is selected in the settings? Any thoughts? Would a log be helpful?

I'm also using a Raspberry Pi and have the same issue as you. My TV shows and Movies do not appear on the home screen even though they are selected in the skin settings... :/
Is there any option to enable with fanart in file mode view? While browsing file mode I dont see the fanart, but when I go into the movie I get the fanart nicely to the right.
Anyone know how do I get fanart while browsing all movies and not only when going into a specific movie?
(2013-01-18, 16:24)oldino Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have ratings with numbers instead of stars in movie list?

I can't find anything in the skin settings.
Anyone know if this is possible?
Hi, great skin thanks to everyone who's worked on it.

It may be because I'm using this on a Raspberry Pi (512MB, storage on USB, OC to 900MHz), but do the animation's on the home screen use different time settings under certain conditions? Sometimes they look like they fade from one to another, other times it fades to black then fades the new one in, and the duration of the effect doesn't appear consistent?

Example, starting on TV:
Press down to movies, background fades to black, then movies background fades in.
Press up to TV, background fades to the TV background.
Press down to movies, background fades to movies background.
Press up to TV, background fades to the TV background.
Press down to movies, background fades to black, then movies background fades in?

At first glance it looks like a memory issue, but if you repeat those exact steps (down -> up -> down -> up ...) between two items most of the time it will fade background/background but sometimes it fades to black in between. If it was a memory issue I would expect it to do the bg/bg transition after both were loaded, and go to black the first time you change items. If you repeat those steps between two items after a few you will see the black background fade between transitions.

The issue doesn't occur when changing items in media views (using List view, fanart on right, global fanart background enabled), or when the background for the current item cycles, only when you change items on the home screen. Doesn't matter if the item has 1 image (default ones) or multi-image folders. Does anyone else see this too or is it just me?
How do I switch to reAlaska and reAlaska Dark? And why is this option hidden?
System - settings - appearance - theme
(2013-03-13, 22:32)bpp9 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I switch to reAlaska and reAlaska Dark? And why is this option hidden?

And who says is hidden?
(2012-12-31, 04:21)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]It works if you change th osd to realaska, but the channel icons are so big they look stupid.

Hi all, new to this skin, and I'm seeing this too. Are there any plans to address, or is there a simple edit that could be done on my end?

Thanks all.
yo guys!

Can I get this info + fanart http://i.imgur.com/STrhCJa.jpg

While browsing file mode like this: http://imgur.com/3H0xDnh,STrhCJa#0
If so, how?

Thanks.
what is the most recent version of this skin? i want to make sure i am setting it up correctly (via GIT). I have 0.87.2 in the skin menu.
Thx
I want to get the black flower wallpaper. Can anyone send me the original? I think the wallpaper is stored in the Black Flower.xbt so I can't extract any of the textures.

edit: nevermind. a quick google search turned up my results.