Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried the new repo version, it's certainly an improvement.

One small bug report - I use the realaskadark + Lime colour theme, and the OSD when paused is in dark text. I think I use the xperience1080 OSD, I can't recall. Anyway I fixed this in my local copy - there are a few colour definitions in realalaskadark.xml that are missing from lime.xml, so I copied those over and all now is well.

Still loving the cleanliness of this skin!
(2013-05-04, 09:36)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]@paul, please consider moving the system item to the bottom of the list in upcoming revisions. It's the only entry not leading to any form of content, this special treatment could be reflected in the home menu list.

Thank you for adding the alignments! Some of them got lost, because the Code field for Includes.xml in my post above was scrollable Wink Also make sure the aspectratio alignment for all those items is "center".

All our Includes.xml changes might be obsolete though if you decide to adapt some of my changes for the OSD, as seen in those screenshots below. The upper left corner is generated by the skin, and slight plot SPOILER ALERT! for Aliens, Indiana Jones III, Vikings and Justified.

I'm currently reworking the TV and music OSD section and could send you the xml once it's finished. Thanks again for keeping this skin alive.

Thanks cruse. I have added the missing alignments already on GIT.
Thanks for working on the OSD, it is very nice. I will add it as an extended info option once you have them ready.

(2013-05-05, 21:15)Msan Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of fixing the info display? The text is overlapping.. see the screenshot for what I mean.. I am using the latest GIT version..

Thanks for reporting. I have fixed it now on GIT.

(2013-05-06, 23:09)meneer Wrote: [ -> ]I have an old Mac Mini and would like to slowdown the speed of the fanart background on the home screen cause of high CPU. In what file can I change that?

If you want to slow down the frequency the fanart is changed, you have to change the following value on Home.xml

Right now, it is 10 seconds.

If you want to change the speed of the animation you can change the following one:

The bigger the value, the slower the animation.

(2013-05-07, 05:09)Chrrs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the latest version of this skin on Frodo 12.2 from the repo (0.88.4), but I'm having issues with the posters showing as thumbnails.

Confluence shows them properly. Is it because this skin hasn't been updated for Frodo yet? The first post seems to indicate otherwise.

What view are you using? Can you please send a screenshot?

(2013-05-08, 09:34)Marco275 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-07, 21:27)3by5 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to remove all backgrounds from the home screen? I can do that with normal reFocus. I'm tired of looking at the gears and that camera and the room with the TV over the fireplace, and I don't want to replace these --- I just want a blank background.

Just create you're own blank background en replace the currend ones with that.

Or use this one

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/3...35n6gg.png

You can also use the "Use original wallpaper" option under skin settings, customize backgrounds.

(2013-05-08, 10:01)twelvebore Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the new repo version, it's certainly an improvement.

One small bug report - I use the realaskadark + Lime colour theme, and the OSD when paused is in dark text. I think I use the xperience1080 OSD, I can't recall. Anyway I fixed this in my local copy - there are a few colour definitions in realalaskadark.xml that are missing from lime.xml, so I copied those over and all now is well.

Still loving the cleanliness of this skin!

Many thanks for the feedback. I will make the same modification to add the missing colour definitions in realaskadark.xml so that it gets fixed on next version.
Is there a way to change font color on home screen? With the last update i have a black font on the selected home menu item. I don't like it, can i change it?
(2013-05-08, 13:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-07, 05:09)Chrrs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the latest version of this skin on Frodo 12.2 from the repo (0.88.4), but I'm having issues with the posters showing as thumbnails.

Confluence shows them properly. Is it because this skin hasn't been updated for Frodo yet? The first post seems to indicate otherwise.

What view are you using? Can you please send a screenshot?

Here are two screenshots. One from Confluence and the other from reFocus BIG 0.88.4, both are using the thumbnail view and are sorted alphabetically so they're showing the same set of movies.

The other viewtypes in reFocus have the same issue (show thumbnail instead of poster) except:
-Deck properly shows the poster
-Wide Thumbnails properly shows the wide fanart
-Ditto for Gallery and Fanart

I was using reFocus on Eden and everything was fine. This only started happening once I upgraded to Frodo and install reFocus BIG. After doing some search, it sounds like skins have to do something specific in Frodo now?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159280

One thing I've noticed though is that movies that have a movie.tbn in their folder will properly display the poster in reFocus BIG.

Also, if I select a movie and go in Movie Information -> Edit -> Change Artwork, I can see my poster in "Poster", but setting it as current again doesn't do anything. It's still using the thumbnail.
Chrrs, try this:

Go to Programs, show info of Artwork Downloader and select Configure. Then select "Overwrite all existing artwork" under Advanced and let Artwork Downloader run afterwards.
Just rediscovered this skin, it looks great!
It runs quite nice on a Raspberry Pi!
I'm using the GIT version, because the repo doesn't seem to work correctly.
When using the repo it doesn't install all the textures (the toggles in all the settingsscreens are missing, same goes for the checkboxes and stuff like the background of a selected item). Probably a bug in the Repo?

I think i found 1 bug and i would like to request 1 addition Smile

The bug is that at the end of a video it doesn't automatically go back to the homescreen. I launch my video's from the watchlist on the right side of the home screen. At the end of a video the screen just remains black, I have to press the stop button to get back to the home screen.
Is this a known issue (couldn't find anything about it when i searched the thread) or is this not normal behaviour?

My addition would be the ability to edit the name of custom homescreen items. I now have the TV Show Next Aired add-on on the homescreen (which is skinned, GREAT Smile !), however the name is too long, it overlaps the stuff on the right side of the screen (the watchlist/new items) when i choose music, tv-shows or movies. If i could rename it to something like 'tv guide' it would fit Smile

Anyhow, i'll keep using this skin and see if i find any bugs/issues when using it on a Raspberry Pi (rev.B 512MB)
Smobbo, once you select new items during customization there should be a popup asking for a label, so you can name items to your liking. This is not happening on your install?
Found a couple more bugs.

1. Disable left shade on Home screen no longer works.

2. On the sub menu for add ons (home screen) you can select 2 programs to include in the listing, but only the first one shows.

Can supply screenshots later if needed.
(2013-05-10, 11:37)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]Smobbo, once you select new items during customization there should be a popup asking for a label, so you can name items to your liking. This is not happening on your install?

This doesn't happen, i use Favourites to assign to one of the five custom homemenu entries. Do you perhaps use something else (like, video addon, or...)?
I'll try again when i get home tonight!

As to my bug (black screen at end of video), it appears to be a bug related to XBMC 12.2 (possibly in connection with the Raspberry Pi).
So i don't think it's skin related, sorry for the confusion Tongue
(2013-05-10, 13:02)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't happen, i use Favourites to assign to one of the five custom homemenu entries. Do you perhaps use something else (like, video addon, or...)?

Yes, I tried via addon to troubleshoot your problem. If you prefer the favourite route just rename the according favourite via favourites ('C'(ontext) key) Wink

Good luck.
(2013-05-08, 13:30)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-05, 21:15)Msan Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of fixing the info display? The text is overlapping.. see the screenshot for what I mean.. I am using the latest GIT version..

Thanks for reporting. I have fixed it now on GIT.

Thanks Paul, looks good now!
(2013-05-10, 12:43)wgards8 Wrote: [ -> ]Found a couple more bugs.

1. Disable left shade on Home screen no longer works.

2. On the sub menu for add ons (home screen) you can select 2 programs to include in the listing, but only the first one shows.

Can supply screenshots later if needed.

Oh and when tvtunes is playing it shows the theme tune mp3's running time in the top right corner of the screen, overlapping the date and time.

Thanks again for all your work with this skin. By far the best IMO.
(2013-05-10, 13:34)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-10, 13:02)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't happen, i use Favourites to assign to one of the five custom homemenu entries. Do you perhaps use something else (like, video addon, or...)?

Yes, I tried via addon to troubleshoot your problem. If you prefer the favourite route just rename the according favourite via favourites ('C'(ontext) key) Wink

Good luck.

You were right. I get the pop-up menu when adding it as addon or program Smile
For those of you who have a rsapberry pi, how did you install this skin and which version? I use refocus big as my skin on my ion system and would like to use it on my raspberry as well (love the slide view for movie and tv posters).
Found a raspberry version on github but it won't install on my raspbery openelec system.

Installed the version available in the superrepo but would like to install the raspbeery pi version as it should be optimized (at least a little).
Searched this thread but have not found a satisfying answer.

Thanks in advance.
(2013-05-12, 21:33)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who have a rsapberry pi, how did you install this skin and which version? I use refocus big as my skin on my ion system and would like to use it on my raspberry as well (love the slide view for movie and tv posters).
Found a raspberry version on github but it won't install on my raspbery openelec system.

Installed the version available in the superrepo but would like to install the raspbeery pi version as it should be optimized (at least a little).
Searched this thread but have not found a satisfying answer.

Thanks in advance.

There is a RaspPI version? I didn't know that!
I'm using the regular version Smile