Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-13, 10:24)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-12, 21:33)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who have a rsapberry pi, how did you install this skin and which version? I use refocus big as my skin on my ion system and would like to use it on my raspberry as well (love the slide view for movie and tv posters).
Found a raspberry version on github but it won't install on my raspbery openelec system.

Installed the version available in the superrepo but would like to install the raspbeery pi version as it should be optimized (at least a little).
Searched this thread but have not found a satisfying answer.

Thanks in advance.

There is a RaspPI version? I didn't know that!
I'm using the regular version Smile

Found this on Github. Can not get it to install.
(2013-05-12, 15:55)wgards8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-10, 12:43)wgards8 Wrote: [ -> ]Found a couple more bugs.

1. Disable left shade on Home screen no longer works.

2. On the sub menu for add ons (home screen) you can select 2 programs to include in the listing, but only the first one shows.

Can supply screenshots later if needed.

Oh and when tvtunes is playing it shows the theme tune mp3's running time in the top right corner of the screen, overlapping the date and time.

Thanks again for all your work with this skin. By far the best IMO.

Many thanks for reporting. I have already added these bug fixes to GIT.
I will push a new version later today to the skin's repo.
I just sent my tweaks for OSD and more to Paul and attached some more pics. With part of the changes reFocus BIG might be the first XBMC skin to really heed the "Show plot for unwatched items" setting at Settings -> Video -> Library, going for 100% spoilerfreeness. This means plot and content thumbnails only are shown if you decide to show them via the setting above (*OSD and Slide View for now).

OSD changes:
- Added Clearlogos and Studio/Network (if Studio/Network logo isn't available, clearlogo takes its place)
- Added Video/Audio flags
- Shrunk plot
- Plot only is shown when enabled or item has been watched
- Resize & move for Network/Studio/TV Logos and album covers

Slide View:
- Alignment of (Network) Logos
- In Episode View plot only is shown when enabled or item has been watched
- Episode thumbnails are replaced by TV Show Fanart if plot is disabled or item has not been watched yet

watch gallery
That's brilliant Paul thanks.

Looks good Cruse, really like the fan art replacing thumbnails concept, tastefully done.
Just some food for thought but..... will there be an option to toggle the video/audio flags on/off in the osd?
I say this because IMO I feel that they can be unnecessary.
I tend to use 'show information' as opposed to 'play' when selecting media, and this enables me to see the flags prior to watching anything, so I don't really need to see this info again. At the same time they would be extremely beneficial to people who use 'play' on selection, and miss the screen with them on. A toggle will solve this.
Thanks wgards8,

Paul would have to create a toggle for that, but sure could be done. The concept separates plot from title and generic info though, so I don't see anything replacing it right now, making it more of a "no harm done" thing.

But I know where you're coming from. I, for instance, don't care much about other people's ratings on content I decided to put into XBMC, so I try to get rid of stars wherever I can (in private builds) Smile

Then again nothing is in the official skin yet, let's hear what Paul says.
If it consumes a lot of time/effort to implement then its probably better to spend that time on something more constructive because its only personal preference and as you said a 'no harm done' sort of thing. I am just being pedantic really.

Nice to see you making contributions to the skin though cruse, keep up the good work.
@paul Salem:

Is your raspberry pi version of reFocus only installable from Github directly? Installing via zip does not seem to work.
(2013-05-16, 09:44)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]@paul Salem:

Is your raspberry pi version of reFocus only installable from Github directly? Installing via zip does not seem to work.

What OS are you running?
Openelec for raspberry 3.0.2.
The normal version of the skin works perfect on my ion 330 but want it on the raspberry as well.

Tried the version in the superrepo on the raspberry and it functions. Just not always as smooth as should be possible.
Since there is a raspberry version i would like to try that.

Paul
(2013-05-16, 12:57)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]Openelec for raspberry 3.0.2.
The normal version of the skin works perfect on my ion 330 but want it on the raspberry as well.

Tried the version in the superrepo on the raspberry and it functions. Just not always as smooth as should be possible.
Since there is a raspberry version i would like to try that.

Paul

I'll understand Big Grin it indeed looks like the Pi version is only on github.

If install from zip does not work you can do it like this:
ssh in the pi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unzip
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi...master.zip
master.zip
mv skin-refocus.pi-master /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/skin.refocus.big
restart your pi and select the skin

As alternative you can check the official ReFocus github. This version is compatible with Frodo and you can install it from install from zip. And it work quite nice on the pi.
(2013-05-14, 14:54)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks wgards8,

Paul would have to create a toggle for that, but sure could be done. The concept separates plot from title and generic info though, so I don't see anything replacing it right now, making it more of a "no harm done" thing.

But I know where you're coming from. I, for instance, don't care much about other people's ratings on content I decided to put into XBMC, so I try to get rid of stars wherever I can (in private builds) Smile

Thanks a ton cruse. I have already implemented all your modifications.
The OSD ones were implemented as an extended OSD option.

I can add a switch to turn off the codecs information, but then there would not be too much difference from the standard OSD. I'll add it anyways and show the full plot instead.

I am also hidding the plot now from the widgets on the home screen if the "Show plot for unwatched items" option is not selected.

I will release a new version probably over the weekend.

The reFocus BIG version for raspberry pi is not mine. It is a fork, https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi

From what I can see it is based on version 0.87.4
I don't have a raspberry pi, so I can't help too much. I use openelec with a xtreamer device.

In any case, if someone would point out any modification that could be made on the skin to improve compatiblity with raspberry pi, I will gladly get it implemented.
(2013-05-17, 12:26)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-14, 14:54)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks wgards8,

But I know where you're coming from. I, for instance, don't care much about other people's ratings on content I decided to put into XBMC, so I try to get rid of stars wherever I can (in private builds) :)

Thanks a ton cruse. I have already implemented all your modifications.
The OSD ones were implemented as an extended OSD option.

I can add a switch to turn off the codecs information, but then there would not be too much difference from the standard OSD. I'll add it anyways and show the full plot instead.

I am also hidding the plot now from the widgets on the home screen if the "Show plot for unwatched items" option is not selected.

I will release a new version probably over the weekend.

The reFocus BIG version for raspberry pi is not mine. It is a fork, https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi

From what I can see it is based on version 0.87.4
I don't have a raspberry pi, so I can't help too much. I use openelec with a xtreamer device.

In any case, if someone would point out any modification that could be made on the skin to improve compatiblity with raspberry pi, I will gladly get it implemented.

Tought i saw your name with it so i assumed it was yours. Will try to contact whoever forked it.

The refocus skin works well on the rpi nontheless.
(2013-05-17, 12:39)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]Tought i saw your name with it so i assumed it was yours. Will try to contact whoever forked it.

The refocus skin works well on the rpi nontheless.

I forked it. My name is Paul as well Smile It was in the times Raspberry Pi support for XBMC was experimental. A lot changed since then both in XBMC and in the skin.

Although I think there are many optimization possibilities I think currently there is no need to have a specialized fork for RPi. I wanted my future work to be included in the Paul's version, so anyway your best option is to use his distribution.
With 88.6 I don't see the clock at the homescreen anymore - just the date. But when I enter an category/folder it's visible again.
And pressing the button I while watching a movie, also doesn't show the clock and end time in the upper right corner.
Hi guys..
I'm using the latest nightly frodo en reFocus big 0.88.6.
Since a few days my receiver is putting out DTS Neo:6 or Dolby Digital Surround EX all the time, even when it is normal 5.1 dts or Dolby.
I wanted to play around with the AE settings but they aren't accesible anymore.
There's ony 'digital/analog/hdmi', 2.0 to 7.2 and play interface sounds settings available.