Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-30, 16:17)grainybazzles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-30, 13:03)godfader Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, Im trying to use big refocus on my rpi but is unusable slow, 3/4 seconds to change from settings to videos/ tv shows, and 10/15 seconds to enter or exit any menu. Any performance tips? Im using xbmc 12.2, MovieDB is mysql and media is shared via nas, both in a 100mb connections (rpi limitation) and this skin was pulled via git. thks in advance

I've had the best results with overclocking (cpu 950 and gpu 500) and disabling all fanart and backgrounds.

How did you oc the gpu? i normaly use raspi-config but only see cpu oc, not gpu. And with the cpu overclocked it still takes 10/15 seconds entering Movies or TV Shows...

@hegem0n are you using your build on the rpi? (asking because of your github repo)
Thanks for this great skin!

I even installed an addon for movie extras (deleted scenes etc) and it works well with this skin.

(2013-08-08, 12:22)godfader Wrote: [ -> ]@hegem0n are you using your build on the rpi? (asking because of your github repo)

Yes indeed. I don't overclock though because of stability issues i had.

I observe skin loading time of around 10-15 seconds, the same when I enter Movies or TV Shows media list for the first time. After that navigation is quite usable, around 1-2 secs back and forth. I'm using full featured "horizontal menu" home screen (as you can see on my screens), and no fanart on media views.
(2013-07-30, 13:03)godfader Wrote: [ -> ]How did you oc the gpu? i normaly use raspi-config but only see cpu oc, not gpu. And with the cpu overclocked it still takes 10/15 seconds entering Movies or TV Shows...

Under raspbmc settings -> system configuration -> advanced overclock there is a setting to OC the GPU. And now that I'm looking at it, mine is at 400.
@hegem0n
do you have any idea why that 1st "lag" happens? some kind of caching? Since my rpi is not always on, everytime I boot it and go to movies/tvshows it happens

@grainybazzles
I'm not using raspbmc/xbian so i can't oc from that custom menu. maybe on the /boot/config.txt?
Hi everybody, I have this problem with the lyrics addon. Basically it opens but never retrieves any lyrics and just stays open, it's not possible to close it.

Here a screenshot to explain what happens:

is this happening to anyone else?

thanks
Andrea
(2013-08-12, 15:56)godfader Wrote: [ -> ]@grainybazzles
I'm not using raspbmc/xbian so i can't oc from that custom menu. maybe on the /boot/config.txt?

Yes you can use /boot/config.txt. Here's a guide of all of the options: http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt
(2013-08-07, 09:43)hegem0n Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!

I slimlined the horizontal menu mod I made and here are the effects:

Available from:
https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi.../metro.zip
Enable this menu by selecting Enable horizontal Home Menu in the skin options. Don't forget to enable widgets!

This mod should support all the oryginal features of reFocus BIG except custom menu entries.

What do you think, do you like it?

Thanks for this great mod ! Will there be a way to add (a few) custom menu entries ?

A quick question, how do you display the weather info without entering the weather menu ? On my setup, when I hover on the "Weather" menu item it doesn't display anything ...
(2013-08-16, 22:11)vip_n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-07, 09:43)hegem0n Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!

I slimlined the horizontal menu mod I made and here are the effects:

Available from:
https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi.../metro.zip
Enable this menu by selecting Enable horizontal Home Menu in the skin options. Don't forget to enable widgets!

This mod should support all the oryginal features of reFocus BIG except custom menu entries.

What do you think, do you like it?

Thanks for this great mod ! Will there be a way to add (a few) custom menu entries ?

A quick question, how do you display the weather info without entering the weather menu ? On my setup, when I hover on the "Weather" menu item it doesn't display anything ...

Thanks!

Did you enable the Weather Widget in options?
(2013-08-19, 12:53)hegem0n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

Did you enable the Weather Widget in options?

Widgets for the home screen were disabled, my bad ! Works like a charm now
Hi,

Some of the OSD colours for themes (eg black leather) have a light grey background (like realaska) but white text which is barely readable. Is there an easy-ish way for me to change it?
Is it possible to add an simple/light effect when an menu element is selected?
As the Rpi hasn't much CPU power, it's sometimes not clear if it's loading the content or if it doesn't recognized the selection.
(2013-08-20, 21:18)Scottland Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Some of the OSD colours for themes (eg black leather) have a light grey background (like realaska) but white text which is barely readable. Is there an easy-ish way for me to change it?

Yes I've found this also.
(2013-09-01, 23:41)BuhSnarf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-20, 21:18)Scottland Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes I've found this also.

Simply hit down a couple of times and there is a text color option, isn't there?
(2013-09-05, 17:13)Budwyzer Wrote: [ -> ]Simply hit down a couple of times and there is a text color option, isn't there?

Yes but for some theme/colour combinations the text colour doesn't seem to be honoured in some places (eg. the plot on the OSD).