Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-01, 14:57)indergod Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Firstly, after trying this skin on my Raspberry Pi, I think it’s absolutely amazing. I was worried from reading other posts that it might be slow or clunky, but so far I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I’ve not even bothered overclocking the Pi at this seems to be running fine at the normal clock speed.

My Pi is used solely for as a media center, and I don’t use it to stream across a network etc, all movies are held on a HDD connected directly to the Pi by USB. Also, I’ve not got round to importing any music or pictures yet, so the only two “areas” of the skin I tend to use are the weather and the movies.

Not a major annoyance, but I would very much appreciate giving me a heads up on how I could sort the issue I’m having as follows:

At the homescreen, I have all the usual sections listed (movies / videos / weather / music etc). Since I’ve only imported movies to date, it would appear that the skin defaults to showing movie only fanart in the background (which looks great and is fine by me). The problem is, after every fanart shown, it then slides across to a black background for one “cycle” and subsequently slides across to another movie fanart. It would be nice if by default it cycled directly from one movie fanart to the next, rather than showing a “blank” background in between each cycle.

It doesn’t seem like this is a memory issue, as the time for which the “blank” screen is shown is the same as that for which a movie fanart is shown (so the period is one full “cycle”). Rather it would seem that the skin is trying to look in two separate folders for fanart to display and alternates between the two, such that when it looks in the folder for movies it shows a fanart with no issues, but when looking the other folder (music maybe?!?) it shows a blank screen as that folder will no doubt be empty!

Is this an issue commonly seen, and if so is there a fix? If not, as I say it’s not a major annoyance and I’m happy to continue using the Pi as is!

Thanks!

Thanks !
I am happy that you like it.

As you don't have tvshows, you are getting that blank fanart.

I have just modified the conditions so that if you don't have tvshows or movies, they will not be displayed on the home menu slideshow. I have already pushed the modification to git. You can download it here,

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.refocu...master.zip

Additionally, there is already an option in the skin settings, under Customize backgrounds, Use Homescreen Fanart Slideshow, that you can unselect to prevent the fanart slideshow from being displayed on the home menu.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am still planning to release the next version before Christmas.
I have been also working on Arctic Big, a mod of the excellent Arctic skin, for my personal use mainly, but in case anyone is interested in trying it, you can download it here,

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.arctic...master.zip

Cheers!
My goodness Paul, that Artic BIG is pure awesomeness, how come I didnt know before.

And this update of refocus big you did is amazing as well, have you done something with speed? it is much faster now. Arigato!

PD: when is this going to be in official repo?, not having refocus skin in the official repo is really a shame, it would be more accessible for new users, non forum users, etc.
Hey Paul,

Firstly, thanks for your work on the skin, I have been using it for the past 3-4 months now and has passed the WAF with flying colors as well!

I have a couple of feature requests please:

First, regarding "customize home menu custom items"

Currently I am mostly using this menu with smart playlists for the home menu display. My feature request is that currently the custom items only allows one smart playlist per item. Instead, if possible, allow multiple (maybe up to 6) smart playlists to be defined per custom item.

If only one smart playlist is set, it would behave like it currently does and automatically go into the smart playlists items.
If more than one smart playlist is set it would display the sub menu to select which smart playlist to go to (similar sub menu you have for other home items, ie movies->recommended/new movies/etc)

Second, if possible, allow an option to not show the "Browse" sub-menu item selections (ie, under Music or Movies)

Thank you very much.
any chance to see both your skin working also on android... i've tried both but seems they don't work good:
background are almost all black and not reactive at all.. anyway they are both beautiful..thank you for your work!
Mark me down as an BIG Arctic fan!

I look forward to the official release., if that happens.
I'm new to XBMC so this may be a silly question but... How do I check time elapsed/finish time etc WITHOUT pausing, fast forwarding or rewinding? In Confluence skin I can quickly check that info by pressing enter or 'M' and then continue watching but I can't figure out how to do it in this skin. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the OSD options menu or this is actually not possible?
(2013-11-21, 21:57)Rista Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to XBMC so this may be a silly question but... How do I check time elapsed/finish time etc WITHOUT pausing, fast forwarding or rewinding? In Confluence skin I can quickly check that info by pressing enter or 'M' and then continue watching but I can't figure out how to do it in this skin. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the OSD options menu or this is actually not possible?

Try pressing the info key, not sure what key you have it assigned on your remote, on a keyboard it should be 'I'
(2013-11-21, 21:57)Rista Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to XBMC so this may be a silly question but... How do I check time elapsed/finish time etc WITHOUT pausing, fast forwarding or rewinding? In Confluence skin I can quickly check that info by pressing enter or 'M' and then continue watching but I can't figure out how to do it in this skin. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the OSD options menu or this is actually not possible?

I have the same problem. I usually just pause and unpause the video, but that's not ideal. Anyone know of a way to show this in Refocus when hitting info? A setting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks..
There is definitely no setting for this skin to enable the video player clock on info screen. However I can check the code if you wish when I get home later today Smile
(2013-11-29, 08:43)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]There is definitely no setting for this skin to enable the video player clock on info screen. However I can check the code if you wish when I get home later today Smile

Sure. Any improvements would be great,

(2013-11-29, 08:43)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]There is definitely no setting for this skin to enable the video player clock on info screen. However I can check the code if you wish when I get home later today Smile

Sure there is.. see below:

those settings will give this display when hitting info while watching a show..

Well... I thought he would want to use the default OSD.
Quick question, since I don't seem to be able to find this info anymore with a search. I have a TV show in my collection that aired on the NHK network (Japan), and the show does list "NHK" as the network setting on TVDB.com. However, the network flag for NHK does not appear in reFocus BIG for me (all other network flags do). In looking at the flags folder in the skin, there doesn't appear to be one for NHK.

Is there some kind of submission process to get that NHK flag added? Thanks Smile
Hi everyone! Is anyone else having this problem?: I updated to gotham alpha 10 (december monthly) and now refocus big is marked as broken and will not install, I'm gutted as I love this skin so much!
It's not compatible with that Gotham version