Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-21, 06:00)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paul Salem,

As a Christmas gift, would it be possible for reFocus BIG to integrate the hooks to support VideoExtras and the new TVTunes? You have done a remarkable work on this skin by the way!

Thanks.

+1 including the detailed screen please :-). Love this skin.
(2013-12-24, 17:12)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using custom slideshow since Frodo, but I can see that the old HomeScreen Fanart Slideshow was added at some point. It's great, and I don't need to rely on artwork downloader, but I can't stand the sliding transition from right to left. Is there a customize feature that I'm not seeing, or a way to change this easily myself to transition like it does in the custom slideshow?

+1
I also appreciate the work to have the fanart background but hate the transitions as they stand!
I would live to be able to go back to the old transition, or have an option to pick the transition type.

Thanks!
So I just finished putting Refocus Big on my apple tv 2 and it's working great, but I have one problem.

The watchlist just doesn't want to show the items on the homescreen.

Here is a picture when the TV Shows section is selected. http://i1.minus.com/ixbeQb37RjiE2.jpg

You can see it shows the "tabs' for recent and recommended, but it doesn't show the actual episodes. I know it's scraping the movies/tv shows correctly because I can go into the TV shows section and it shows all information and what not.

Does anyone know whats going on?
IS there any chance reFocus BIG will ever support Plexbmc?
Woooow, have the skin installed yesterday, really love it...

If i could make suggestions, they would be:

- implement the horizontal home menu view as seen in page 111 from this thread...

- make more view modes availeble in file / add-on mode, maybe enable/disable viewmodes like done in aeon mq would be nice, so you can pick modes and set a default mode for some views..

that said, good job!
something like the wip z-box skin homescreen maybe ? just as option, the vertical menu is also very nice!
This is a great skin.
The best skin for TV or HTPC and it has all you can want in a skin.
Thanks Paul for such a great work !

I just have 2 issues:

1-LiveTV EPG doesn't show channel icons even when choosing realaska OSD (they show elsewhere as they should)
2-Is it possible to show LiveTV channel group name at the top? I have 3 groups + All channels and I get lost Smile

Can somebody help me out on those?
Can you get movie / tv metadata like "720p, 5.1, Sony pictures" etc with this lovely looking skin?
(2014-01-17, 16:59)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get movie / tv metadata like "720p, 5.1, Sony pictures" etc with this lovely looking skin?

Yes of course.
When you open the movie/TV show details page you will find this information at the bottom of the screen. For some, the Studio (i.e. Sony Pictures...) don't get scarped.
(2014-01-17, 20:38)karimf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 16:59)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get movie / tv metadata like "720p, 5.1, Sony pictures" etc with this lovely looking skin?

Yes of course.
When you open the movie/TV show details page you will find this information at the bottom of the screen. For some, the Studio (i.e. Sony Pictures...) don't get scarped.

are you using the Skin on the Raspberry Pi? There is a bug in the original version where some (most) of the TV network logos don't show up anymore. I fixed it recently in my fork of this skin, now all logos show up correctly for me. https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.light
(2014-01-17, 21:24)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 20:38)karimf Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes of course.

are you using the Skin on the Raspberry Pi? There is a bug in the original version where some (most) of the TV network logos don't show up anymore. I fixed it recently in my fork of this skin, now all logos show up correctly for me. https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.big

I am using it on Window 7. Glad you had it fixed.
(2014-01-18, 10:03)karimf Wrote: [ -> ]I am using it on Window 7. Glad you had it fixed.

did it work for you? on OS X everything was fine for me even without the fix. only the Raspberry Pi didn't show all logos correctly
freem@n, have you tried your fork of reFocus on your OpenELEC HTPC? I'm having trouble getting recent Frodo versions of reFocus BIG onto my OpenELEC install.
(2014-01-18, 18:04)jasonlcox Wrote: [ -> ]freem@n, have you tried your fork of reFocus on your OpenELEC HTPC? I'm having trouble getting recent Frodo versions of reFocus BIG onto my OpenELEC install.

yes, sure! it should work on all XBMC distributions for the Raspberry Pi. Additionally I have successfully tested it on OS X Mavericks, OpenELEC Generic Build and Win 7. A friend of mine uses the Skin on Ubuntu without problems afaik.
Unfortunately git is not available for OE so you need to copy the skin manually in the addons folder. installation from zip file should work; but I haven't tried it yet.
(2014-01-18, 15:04)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-18, 10:03)karimf Wrote: [ -> ]I am using it on Window 7. Glad you had it fixed.

did it work for you? on OS X everything was fine for me even without the fix. only the Raspberry Pi didn't show all logos correctly

In windows 7 it worked for me without any issues nor changes from my part.