Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video working under XBMCbuntu but not properly under XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Apologies, if I'm missing something obvious but I'm new to xbmcbuntu. I've installed it on a Dell latitude D430 from the Live CD, XBMC reports the GPU as being a Mesa DRI Intel 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2.

So the issue: I have the laptop connected to a widescreen LCD TV via a VGA cable. When I first install XBMC from the LiveCD and boot it up, the output in centred in the screen and fills it top to bottom, but there are black bars to the left and right of the screen (i.e. it's a square image rather than a rectangular widescreen one). When I go into System settings, the resolution is set to 1024x768, refresh rate is 60hz and mode is full screen #1. If I change the screen res to 1920x1080, the output moves to the top left corner of the screen, but is still a square (although smaller) and the display is zoomed and cropped at the edges of the square (I can see the bottom corner of the system settings menu up to about the debugging menu item but the rest is cropped.
Now, here's where things get more confusing. If I exit XBMC back to the login screen and log on to XBMCbuntu, go into monitor settings and set the res and refresh to auto, it correctly sets it to 1920x1080 60hz and the output fills the TV perfectly. If I then fire up XBMC within XBMCbuntu, it only takes up maybe 2 thirds of the desktop rather than being full screen. However if I then go into settings, it's set to 1280x800, but if I change that to 1920x1080 XBMC fills the screen perfectly.
Now here's the irritating part. If I then close XBMC and log out of XBMCbuntu, I'm back to a square output. If I then log onto xbmc I get a screen split into 4 tiles (two large square tiles at the top and two small rectangular tiles at the bottom) with some of the XBMC interface in the top left hand tile, the blue xbmcbuntu wallpaper in the top right hand tile and part of the xbmcbuntu blue wallpaper in both the bottom two tiles. Cursor movement is restricted to a small area within the tile containing the XBMC interface. If I go into the settings at this point it is set to 1920x1080. If I exit XBMC back to the logon screen, and log back onto XBMCbuntu, the correct settings have been remembered and the display fills the entire screen.
But, no matter what I do I can't seem to get this to happen when logging into XBMC rather than XBMCbuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for being a bit verbose, but just wanted to make sure I'd covered all the things I've tried Wink
Hi,
I am having similar problems when I hook up to my tv using a vga cable, did you ever get this resolved?