Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2012-11-14, 04:17)aptalca Wrote: [ -> ]HELP!! Is there a mod around? This bot is very sick and needs modical attention :-)
That's what the report-button is good for Wink

Although - it doesn't seem to be working Confused
So I am about to build my first htpc in the next week and half or so, as this will be the only time right before christmas I will possibly have time to undertake a large project like setting up an htpc.

I am extremely new to this, but I am having a company put the pc together. This is my motherboard manual i am looking at. On page 16 would i tell them to connect number 25 to the front usb. The case i am looking at is also below. If anyone could comment before I spend money if this should work ok in theory, it would be highly appreciated.

ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/FM2A75%20Pro4-M.pdf

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=42116&v...omoid=1469
(2012-06-03, 20:41)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]Easy friendly.... everyone knows how to use a remote. The ipazz or a keybaord.... people get confused.

It's a remote. Friends come over... here is the remote. Give them the keyboard... they are like huh!

It's not expensive.... try it.

I love the remote.... only the ipazz if I need to do some changes on windows or browse the web witch rarely do.

The ipazz now its going to my PS3...
There an ipazz with a "remote" on the back btw Smile
http://ipazzport.com/18V.html
(2012-06-30, 06:05)lagledavid Wrote: [ -> ]i just got my dongle today, they were out of stock a t first then called me up and charged me total of $9.00
i think though i had ordered a complete set at first and wanted an extra dongle and they sold it to me that way
(2012-06-30, 03:19)helpermonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm, I have tested it with my Mi7 and it works flawlessly ... now the trick? To figure out how not to turn on the 360 when I'm turning on my HTPC!!!! :-)

yep have that problen too 360 turns on when i turn on my htpc

(2012-06-30, 11:22)checco10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, I bought this remote and it works fine, but I have a small problem, when I wont turn on the htpc I need to press the power button on the remote two or three times before the htpc turn on. Is it normal ..? or is there something wrong ..? My motherboard is an Asrock A75m-.itx

That has nothing to do with the remote, its an option/setting on your 360. The 360 can accept remote commands from both an MCE remote and a 360 remote. To prevent the issue that you experiencing from occuring, change it to 360 remote only. (I use both a Harmony One[for my basement] and a Harmony 900[upstairs] and both will only power on either the 360 or the HTPC depending on which option I select and not both items simultaneously)
I would guess so, but anyone can confirm this dongle works on Windows 8 also? I still don't understand though how it can work when connected at the back of the case. IR receiver needs to receive direct infra red in my head.. it's not "wireless" it's infra-red aka point to power.
So beer.. i've read the entire thread but i'm confused.. which one you have that power up the htpc?

RHRC-11002 (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...RHRC-11002)
or
RRC-126 (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...pk=RRC-126)
So do we still have to install the custom registry software with this Rosewill dongle? I have the ASRock A75m ITX case, with this remote and IR receiver:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880101007

But it does not turn off the HTPC. I only get it to go to sleep. I have tried using the front USB ports in both CIR and plain USB configuration, but with no differences. Also, despite my attempts to do so, I cannot get the system to wake from sleep after I put it to sleep with my Harmony. I have even learned the sleep button from the Rosewill remote to a soft button on the screen, but it refuses to register when the system is asleep. I have the dongle on order that is identified in the OP, so hopefully that should help.

Greg
(2013-01-08, 21:08)Yukonhijack Wrote: [ -> ]So do we still have to install the custom registry software with this Rosewill dongle? I have the ASRock A75m ITX case, with this remote and IR receiver:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880101007

But it does not turn off the HTPC. I only get it to go to sleep. I have tried using the front USB ports in both CIR and plain USB configuration, but with no differences. Also, despite my attempts to do so, I cannot get the system to wake from sleep after I put it to sleep with my Harmony. I have even learned the sleep button from the Rosewill remote to a soft button on the screen, but it refuses to register when the system is asleep. I have the dongle on order that is identified in the OP, so hopefully that should help.

Greg

I have the same problem. I can get it to shut down by setting up XBMC to shut down on the close command. I cannot get it to turn on from a Sleep state or Off state using my Harmony one remote. Might be a remote thing.
Weird that the Harmony can send all other commands, except for the darned wake/power command that is readily received from the MCE remote. Still trying to figure this out........
(2013-01-10, 18:39)Yukonhijack Wrote: [ -> ]Weird that the Harmony can send all other commands, except for the darned wake/power command that is readily received from the MCE remote. Still trying to figure this out........

I wonder if the Harmony Touch has any problem?
Not sure. Would be good to know, but the reviews on the Touch are not that glowing.
So I got this dongle tonight and plugged it into the front USB header of my Asrock A75m ITX system, with the front header plugged into the CIR/USB plug on the MOBO. It would not even register key presses from the remote that it came with. I then put the USB plug onto just the USB prongs, and it worked, but would not power on from shutdown mode. I then plugged it into one of the rear USB 2,0 ports and it appears to turn on from shutdown. It is not consistent yet, but I am working on figuring out what is going on here. I have my BIOS set to power on with USB, but there is no CIR setting in the BIOS for this board that I can see. Does anyone have this board and use this dongle? I would sure appreciate any input available.
I have the same asrock A75m ITX motherboard, and i can turn it on from S5, but occasionally it wont, does anyone know this may indicate at all?

Are the people using this able to consistently turn it on?
Has anyone tested this with an ASUS P8H77-M Pro mobo?
(2013-01-14, 14:10)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same asrock A75m ITX motherboard, and i can turn it on from S5, but occasionally it wont, does anyone know this may indicate at all?

Are the people using this able to consistently turn it on?

I have the same board. If I accidently put the HTPC into sleep or hibernate, the dongle gets messed up and requires me to unplug and plug. If the board looses power I have to shut it down once and then all is better.

Since I now know that I need to turn off the HTPC thru the shutdown menu or just the start menu, I havnt had it not work in months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17