Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video noise when switching HDMI source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed XBMCbuntu on my Zotac Zbox ID81, which is connected to a Samsung TV (UE46C6005) via HDMI.

It works beautifully most of the time, but sometimes when I've been watching TV and switch HDMI source back to the Zbox, I get only video noise (no picture at all). Much like old fashion analog noise when you couldn't get any reception on your antenna. I can still access the Zbox from my computer, so I know it's there and working. If I keep trying to change HDMI source back and forth I will eventually get a picture from the Zbox again. I've noticed that when switching from TV to Zbox, the TV changes refresh rate from fullHD@50hz to fullHD@60hz. This happens both when there's a picture and when there's only noise.

I'm not sure if this is a XBMC, Zotac or Samsung-issue, but my guess is it has something to do with Linux video rendering. I haven't installed any additional drivers for XBMCbuntu. Should I?

(I have very little knowledge of Linux, so detailed instructions are needed Wink

Edit: My Zbox has integrated Intel HD graphics.

Edit 2: Turning the TV off then on will bring the signal back. Turning the Zbox off then on will also bring the signal back. The only thing which doesn't work is switching HDMI source on the TV.
I have the same problem using a dc7900 system. Any news on this?

Regards,

Ed
As far as I've been able to figure out, this is a hardware problem. I was running XBMC on XBMCbuntu first, then on Windows 8. The problem was there on both OS'es.