Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV collections possible or manual set up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have had a search but cannot find anything relating to this.
I have a TV show 'collection' that I would like to set up. The collection is Adam Curtis Collection and is structured as follows:

Video
|--TV
__|--Adam Curtis Collection
____|--It Felt Like a Kiss (2009)
______|--It Felt Like a Kiss.avi
____|--Pandora's Box (1992)
______|--Pandora's Box - 1.avi
______|--Pandora's Box - 2.avi

There are 7 'series' within Adam Curtis Collection and each 'series' has a few video 'episode' files.
I cannot seem to get this to work and show up in TV Shows. Are collections possible in TV shows? If not is there some way I can manually configure this to read correctly in XBMC? Perhaps a manually configured .nfo file or something?

Thanks for any help.
If there's a common tag across all the shows you could use a smartplaylist to grab 'em out.
Thanks jmarshall,

By tagging I assume you mean writing something into the files themselves? How do I go about doing that on Ubuntu 11.10?
Once they are tagged how do I use that smartplaylist to add the collection into the TV Shows listing?

I use .nfo files for all my stuff so was thinking it would be as simple as making one for each 'episode', though I'm unsure how to create the correct structure or if TV Shows listing can even list collections?
sorry for the bump on this

Does anybody have any ideas about setting up a TV show 'collection' ?
Ideally this could work like a normal TV show, except instead of showing "series 1", "series 2", etc. it could show "It Felt Like a Kiss", "Pandora's Box" and so on.....

Any ideas how I could do this?