Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video format or/and size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently updated to eden from a perfectly working/tweaked dharma version.

I noticed that some of my video files went missing so I dug up and found that big files, in .mkv, weren't displayed in the media library but also in files : when I browse to folders with mkv files of more than 8Go I only get an empty folder when I see the files in explorer and can play them succesfully with MPC-HC.

What's wrong here ?
Permissions most likely, but really we're guessing here without more details. What filesharing protocol are you using for instance?
Permissions Huh Well, I don't see why and how as in my previous Dharma version, everything was ok. My movie source is a local disk in my desktop, I didn't made no change at all on that disk as it is full and set.

For example, I had a movie set for X-men. After the eden update some of my sets got broken and titles missing then when I browse to this folder in explorer I can see the files
but in xbmc..

I thought that the size was the culprit but looking more into it, I found that some movies (8Go) are shown when others (5.8Go) doesn't... !?!?

I'm just pissed by this update as I was in the Dharma and the mess of setting the sets and I'm more and more thinking that they might be the reason of this ! Unfortunately I'll have to crawl through 4To of files to find out, eventually....
Hide watched is enabled?
Wahhh.... We have a REAL winner !!!!

That option was indeed enabled (I don't remember enabling it by the way) and disabling it brought back the missing videos even if I don't understand why they weren't displayed when browsing files for the library !
Sounds like a bug to me, as hiding videos in media view is one thing, not displaying them in browsing mode through library/add source is something else....

What I don't understant also is that I was using the carmichael skin which doesn't offer that option.... Either I enabled it the first time I installed xbmc (but I didn't had this issue by the past) or it did enabled itself upon eden update...

Anyway mister, big thank to you !!!