Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] XBMC nfs:// not working. Mounted NFS share in Filesystem working ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

i've got some problems.

recently i reinstalled my Media Center with Ubuntu 12.04 and latest XBMC PVR from the Opdenkamp Git.

Now to my Problem.
When Playing Media Files (doesn't matter if Movie, Series or Music) from a media surce of the virtual file system (nfs://) the CPU Load on 2 of the 4 Cores my CPU have goes up to (and even above) 100%.

LOGFILE: http://pastebin.com/2tg4H2rv

Here comes the wired part. When i play the exact same file (or any else file) the file plays perfectly without any problems or system load (about 11% for 1080p. most system load is because of pulse.)

LOGFILE: http://pastebin.com/yBkE2E8T

Does anybody have a idea what this could be, or better have a solution for this?
post a new log with debugging turned on. Which version of libnfs do you have installed?
With debugging activated there was not any further informations. But i'll post the debugging log tomorrow then o'll post informations on the version of libnfs too.
Thanks in advanced for your help.
Ok, here is the logfile with debugging enabled under system -> debugging (thats what you meant, right?)

LOGFILE: http://pastebin.com/RbCis5EA

Here are my versions of libnfs and libnfs-dev.

Code:
root@xbmc:~# dpkg -l |grep libnfs
ii  libnfs-dev                           1.2.0-3                                 NFS client library (development files)
ii  libnfs1                              1.2.0-3                                 NFS client library (shared library)
ii  libnfsidmap2                         0.25-1ubuntu2                           NFS idmapping library
root@xbmc:~#
Wrong libnfs version. You need http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-10.04/xbmc-i386/l...6.deb.html for your build.

Or wait until opdenkamp syncs to master next time, then you will need libnfs 1.3
Ok, will try it this evening.

Do i have to recompile xbmc, do i only have to replace the libnfs version?

As my Girlfriend is mainly wathing on this MediaCenter i've no option to wait untill opdenkamp syncs next time, so i'll go with installing an older version.
When i compile libnfs 1.0 myself, do i have to do something else?
Ok, it works!

Many, many thanks!!

It#s a litle bit laggy when searching movies (compared to the Ubuntu 10.10 version i'd installed before) but that'l be ok untill the bump to libnfs 1.3 is in PVR git and hopefully fixes this ^^
Hi, I also can't use the built-in XBMC Eden NFS feature (nfs://) but I can perfectly use autofs to mount my NFS shares. I've built my system on top of Ubuntu 12.04 (server, minimal install) + XBMC Eden from Team-XBMC oficial ppa.

Could you please provide me some guidance on how to upgrade the libnfs ? I also have the same versions as you've pasted in the beginning.

Thx in advance!

gpborges,
Most of the nfs support issue are due to needing to add "insecure" option to /etc/exports, try checking out faq below on how to change and see if that fixes your problem first.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS
Hi waver123, thx for your quick reply. I did follow this guide, specifically the section dedicated to Synology NAS as I have one. Here is my /etc/exports

Code:
DiskStation> cat /etc/exports

/volume1/Development    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Concursos    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/Videos2    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/Downloads2    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/Pictures2    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Adulto    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Downloads    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Music    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/Music2    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Pictures    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Videos    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Thumbnails    192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,insecure,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

And I would prefer to use the built-in NFS feature if it worked as good as the autofs thing. If I use the autofs, everything goes smoothly. If I try to use the nfs:// then it locks...

Let me know if you want any other log, config, etc and I can provide you.

Thx.

Hmm so it did a hard lock-up when you try to access nfs:// ? Probably need to turn on debug mode and paste a logfile, wonder if it's some version mismatch issue.

What's the version your're running using "dpkg -l |grep libnfs"?

Mine runs fine and I'm also using synology nas.....but after comparing the speed using autofs still seems faster so I'm using that on my boxes.
Yeah, I get a hard lock. The loading image stays spinning, but I can't do anything else. When it happens, I need to hard reset it.

This is my libnfs

xbmc@gpborges-htpc:~$ dpkg -l |grep libnfs
ii libnfs1 1.2.0-3 NFS client library (shared library)
ii libnfsidmap2 0.25-1ubuntu2 NFS idmapping library
xbmc@gpborges-htpc:~$

Kids are watching a movie and once they're done I will enable debug and upload logs for your analysis.

Again, autofs works perfectly fine.

Thx for your help.
I may be missing something here but why not just have them mounted with fstab?
(2012-07-04, 03:48)stayupthetree Wrote: [ -> ]I may be missing something here but why not just have them mounted with fstab?

Yeah, it's one possibility. I have autofs installed and working flawlessly. But once XBMC Eden has this built-in NFS client why not use it? That's what I'm looking for. If I use autofs I don't have any issue, but using XBMC Eden default nfs:// I get hard lock out.
yeah the xbmc nfs never worked for me, but never really needed it because everything is automounted at boot it just shows up like its part of the local filesystem
Pages: 1 2 3