Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple media Content Paths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day all,

As part of some advanced configurations i have been testing on my many mixed (Apple TV2, iOS, Windows and Mac) devices i have been playing with adding multiple media paths to a single configuration for TV Shows and Movies. I have added my NAS/Movies and NAS/Itunes/Movies to MOVIES in XBMC on all of the devices and have found on all of them that the second path is not being detected on library scans or if i browse the file shares from the video/files listings in XBMC. I have changed the order around and checked - same result.... Also have tried the same type of configuration for TV Series - NAS/TV Series and NAS/iTunes/TV Shows and found the same problems. If i add a separate entry for each of these all library scans and browsing works perfectly.

Has anyone else found this bug and is there a work around for this presently or is it flagged to be corrected in the near future?

Cheers,
Felix
I don't exactly understand what you mean, but I think you mean that you add multiple paths to a single source - is that right?
However - that works perfectly fine for me over here... what does the debug-log state?
(2012-06-06, 11:45)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]I don't exactly understand what you mean, but I think you mean that you add multiple paths to a single source - is that right?
However - that works perfectly fine for me over here... what does the debug-log state?

No errors regarding the paths - it does load just extremely slowly, however doesn't pickup the titles and load to the library... Nota big issue i can simply run with an extra entry and try again once frodo is released as i amusing MYSQL and sharing video, tv and music as well as other advanced options as found here
You'll find that content probably isn't set on all the paths of the multipath. Check in your database - the path table in particular. You should see content set on all of them. If it's not, we need a way to reproduce it - every time I try it works perfectly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
(2012-06-06, 23:17)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]You'll find that content probably isn't set on all the paths of the multipath. Check in your database - the path table in particular. You should see content set on all of them. If it's not, we need a way to reproduce it - every time I try it works perfectly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

G'day Jonathan

Thanks for your response - i will double check all settings this evening when i get home and report back.

Cheers,
Felix

(2012-06-06, 23:17)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]You'll find that content probably isn't set on all the paths of the multipath. Check in your database - the path table in particular. You should see content set on all of them. If it's not, we need a way to reproduce it - every time I try it works perfectly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

You are correct in your guess the additional paths for both tv and movie had not had the type of media supplied. I assumed that with them being added to an existing configuration that had the media types selected that it also applied to the additional paths. So i have corrected that now - however when i did a scan for new titles the tv series titles didn't get picked up - movies did. Having said this when did a TV series info check for each of the additional the correct titles did get picked up and added but it was a manual process for the additional.
Are the path types all the same? All SMB? mix of some http?
(2012-06-07, 18:03)live4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Are the path types all the same? All SMB? mix of some http?

Yep they are all SMB shares.