Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AppleTV 1 + Crystal HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I just added the Crystal HD card to my AppleTV 1 running the patchstick jailbreak and XBMC 11.0. The hardware was simple to add, but i'm not seeing any real improvement. watching 720P content I still see skipping and general lag, just like i did before. I followed someone's instructions to add the crystal drivers to the launcher and then selected them in frontrow, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a way to test whether the drivers are being loaded and used in XBMC? Can someone point me to a good spot for instructions on loading the driver?

thanks
Bring up the "Codecinfo" would be "O" key if using a keyboard (you might have to map it if using the Apple remote not sure). It should say chd-h264 if using the card.

I can't figure out how to map a letter to my harmony remote and I don't have a keyboard. Is there anything I can get out of the ssh?
Why not just install CrystalBuntu? I don't get any choppiness or lag on my ATV1.
I've ordered a USB flash for crystalbuntu today, so I might just go that way.

By the way, I did finally get the driver loaded...and movies are quite smooth now. I may still go to ubuntu for the faster interface.
The frontrow (Mac OS X 10.4 based) OS seemed to use up too much RAM always. Try the OpenELEC version as well (they have the new Nvidia driver).
Also, which Crystal HD card did you install? 970012 or 970015?