Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Delay on commercial skip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues with a delay (15-20 seconds) when commercials are skipped in XBMC.

When it gets to a commercial break, XBMC appears to freeze for 15-20 seconds (blank screen and it won't accept any input) before resuming. It honors the cut list correctly (skips the entire commercial break properly), but the delay is rather irritating. I am currently running Eden in XBMCBuntu; I did not have this problem with Dharma running on a Windows Vista Machine.

I record OTA television using an antenna and mythbuntu (MythTV 0.25) and mark commercials with mythcommflag; shows are served up from the mythtv server to XBMC using samba (same for old and new XBMC installations).

Has anyone else run into this? Any thoughts?

I see this to a lesser extent. I'll see a 5-7 second delay and it happens infrequently. Using m2ts files with txt files generated by comskip (Tivo -> kmttg -> TSRemux -> Comskip -> XBMC)
Update:

I've installed EDEN on a Windows Vista machine and still see the delay.
Any ideas??
P.S. My boxee does not have any delay on commercial skip for the same files.
I'm running XBMCbuntu.
I saw this same thing with my previous MythTV install when I upgraded the XBMC frontend from Dharma to Eden. Since that time I upgraded the MythTV from 0.23+fixes to 0.25 (Mythbuntu 12.04) and now can't get XBMC to work with Myth recordings... Are you compiling the PVR branch or is regular Eden working for you?