Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Default Artists Scraper bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody !!! Big Grin

I have a strange bug with Default Artists Scrapper in XBMC Buntu v11 EDEN

I correctly set up Last.fm in Settings > Music > Library > Default Service for artist information but XBMC seems to don't have activated it by default... It does'nt retrieve artists information when library update.

I have to manually set the scraper ( Title > Change scraper ) and refresh information for each artist Confused

I tryied with differents scrapers, but still have same problem.

Any idea ?
go to settings - music - refresh library at startup
1. the default scraper is allmusic which is a broken scraper, last.fm is not the default
2. You have to set "Download additional information during updates" in Settings > Music to enable scraping on updates
3. You should use the Universal Scraper for Artists
4. Don't call something a "bug" until you're not sure it is
Thanks to reply ! Big Grin

All theses settings are already enabled. I tryed too with Universal Scrapper, Music Brainz, etc...

The problem is not from scrapers, they all works fine when I choose them manually on each artist.

For more details: In Music Library's artists section > Change Scrapper : there is not any scrapper enabled...
...and your folder structure is the following?

-- root music source
--Artist
--Album
--Track
yes, it's iTunes organized Library.

I'm thinking about a bug in a config file... what is the file related to artist scrapers settings please ?

Because there is another strange bug : I can't uninstall Last.fm and MusicBrainz scrapers...
Something is utterly wrong there then. I would ditch everything and start again.
LoL I was thinking the same... ! But I hoped to find a solution before format again !
Format? No. Just ditch your userdata folder.
Okay i will try Wink Thanks !!
problem solved: the bug only happens in Xperience1080 skin... OK with Confluence or another !
I have the same behavior... :/ Strange. Can't set a default (I took Universal Artist/Album...) scraper for the whole library.

olympia, when you say "ditch your userdata folder", you mean delete the folder or reinstall XBMC ?
I am having the same trouble with Confluence on windows 8 (if that makes a difference)
Should setting the scrapper in the settings write that info to all Artists? or is that just for new music added?
for me helped clearing content tables "delete from content" in both mysql dbs mymusic32 & mymusic18
then set scraper on artists folder & run scraper for all artists