Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add a nas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys hope some guru can help me, I'm loco trying to figure out this:
I have and iPad 2 JB, with xbmc installed, I've got a buffalo nas server, attached to my router and it works good, download the buffalo iPad app and works good inside my network and outside of my network, now the help that I need I can not get to add my nas to my xbmc, because I want to stay outside and I want to see my pics, music, movies y that cool app, no in the buffalo app.

Any advise will be very, very appreciated

Thank you

Sajarac
Just add the source as normal but specify the network address to your NAS instead:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_sources
Goog Morning, and thank you for your reply, as you can see i'm a newby in this, my NAS is a buffalo mini LS, I need to see my files from outside of my network, when I'm at home I have no problems I can add the folderand everything is OK, but outside in another wifi spot I don't know which one is my buffalo IP address and port to added it? can you explain where can I get this information.

And many thanks again for your help.
Look into port forwarding and using a sharing protocol that works over the Internet (SMB wont work over most ISPs, so you'll have to use something like webDAV or FTP).
Hello Scott, and thanks for your reply, as you can see i'm really new, and I have no idea how to do it, if you don't mind can you please provide a better explanation.

Thanks in advance
Without being in your house and seeing exactly what you have set up and what needs to be done, I cannot.