Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connecting xbmc with Samsung through dlna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've got xbmc running on my iPad 3 and I want to watch movies that I downloaded on my Samsung tv. I've enabled upnp through settings and Ive got a library with a tv show. The tv can see the xbmc but when I click on videos the tv gives me an error. I tried to acces xbmc through windows media player on windows 7 and he gives me an error that n videos can be found. When I click on tv recordings in windows media player I can see my tv shows. My question is: how can I play my videos on the Samsung tv?
I think because the tv show is categorized in tv recordings I cannot see the videos on my Samsung.
Any clue how to fix this problem?? Thnx in advance!!!
(2012-06-08, 23:28)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC_all_platforms_FAQ#UPnP (wiki)

I already read the FAQ but I can't seem to find the solution. I even tried it with the xbox360 and I even can't connect to it. It givees mr an error of a firewall but I don't use one...
BumpHuh
The FAQ pretty much says that XBMC's UPnP serving abilities are very limited. The main aim of the feature is to help XBMC share to another installation of XBMC, but not so much to other devices and things like smart TVs or game consoles. There's a ton of variables when you go there, and it involves a whole additional server feature set.

Your best bet is to find server software that's main aim is to serve things over UPnP. Most will also have transcoding features, so that all of your videos can be played back.
(2012-06-10, 04:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]The FAQ pretty much says that XBMC's UPnP serving abilities are very limited. The main aim of the feature is to help XBMC share to another installation of XBMC, but not so much to other devices and things like smart TVs or game consoles. There's a ton of variables when you go there, and it involves a whole additional server feature set.

Your best bet is to find server software that's main aim is to serve things over UPnP. Most will also have transcoding features, so that all of your videos can be played back.

Thnx dude!