Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist to show Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get a playlist to call things like ActivateWindow?

Basically using Confluence Lite Mod I have now created a nicely customised XBMC but would like add a few more things.

Basically I have a link to the Playlists folder which has some subfolders (e.g. Countries for selecting films by countries) and some playlists in the top level.

What I would like to do is either a) create a magic playlist which can do stuff (see below) or b) create a few "playlists" that launch stuff and throw them in a folder.

The stuff I would like to do is (The bit in the code box is what's in favourites xml which is I guess what I need to be able to call somehow!)

1) Show the Now Playing window - Basically I queue a load of stuff and then want to watch it - bit of a pain at times to access when I realise I don't want to add anything more.

2) Load an RSS menu - I've got an RSS menu created which loads rss://example.com/xbmc/ and then has a few options within that - e.g. rss://example.com/xbmc/nottinghamradio - If I try adding rss://example.com/xbmc/ to a normal playlist playback fails Sad
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"rss://example.com/xbmc/")

3) Load the UPNP Devices Menu
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"upnp://")

4) Load the NPR Addin
Code:
ActivateWindow(10502,"plugin://plugin.audio.npr")
If you know what command you want to run eg
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"rss://example.com/xbmc/")
You could try editing your "guisettings.xml" First add an item to the home menu - anything will do and remember what item number it was. Then find it in guisettings.xml
eg
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.lite.mod.HomeItemSevenAction">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/comedy.xsp)</setting>

Is My item #7 going to a playlist.

Insert your code between ...Action"> and ...</setting>

That should then be executed when you select the item on the menu.

Just be carefull of what is listed in the "widget" setting as they control the Home Panel and things like "Playlist" will kick off the randomandlastitems script. To be safe put something random like your name in the "widget" setting.

I'm interested in hearing about any different commands that may be popular to add to the menu

(2012-06-08, 22:54)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]If you know what command you want to run eg
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;rss://example.com/xbmc/&quot;)
You could try editing your "guisettings.xml" First add an item to the home menu - anything will do and remember what item number it was. Then find it in guisettings.xml
eg
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.lite.mod.HomeItemSevenAction">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/comedy.xsp)</setting>

Is My item #7 going to a playlist.

Insert your code between ...Action"> and ...</setting>

That should then be executed when you select the item on the menu.

Just be carefull of what is listed in the "widget" setting as they control the Home Panel and things like "Playlist" will kick off the randomandlastitems script. To be safe put something random like your name in the "widget" setting.

I'm interested in hearing about any different commands that may be popular to add to the menu

That would be handy - apart from the fact I have run out of room (although the way I have been doing it is to add what I want (i.e. a playlist) to my favourites - then use the config to add it to the menu, then zapping from the favourites - much easier when using a remote control) - hence wanting to use Playlists (or something) to take some of the weight of the less used stuff (i.e. create sub menus).

Currently have :-
Films (A playlist to films without the genres Short or TV Mini-Series)
TV
On Demand (Video Plugins)
Short Films (A playlist to films with the genre short)
MTV (Randomly play music videos)
New TV (All unwatched TV first broadcast in the last 365 days - i.e. excluding the older series box sets I have still to go through!)
Music
Playlists (Secondary items such as HD Films, Films in Progress, TV shows in Progress, One off TV shows (i.e. Films with genre of TV Mini Series, a Genre folder with all the film genres on playlists (without Shorts and TV Mini-Series), Countries (a number of playlists with a filtered list of films by country (again no shorts, tv mini series etc)) )
Favourites - Easier access to favourites from the remote control (hoping to move these into "Playlists" so it's prettier / organised)
USB Sticks - My /media folder - i.e. USB sticks (for programmes recorded on my satellite box) and 4od/Demand 5 download folder (yay for symlinks!) - This would be a prime example of something I would like to throw into the Playlists menu so it's out the way)